cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To stock or do not stock

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
We keep our rv stocked with everything we may need so we can leave at a moments notice. Perishables we put in just prior to leaving. Living in hurricane country this becomes our back up plan. I have a check list for each area. All food stuffs are noted with expiration dates plus we rotate items into the stick and brick so that camper stuff is always good to go.....We have friends who never keep anything in their camper and go shop when they get to the campsite. We camp it may be an hours drive to a store. Just too much work if you ask me....
34 REPLIES 34

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
For the most part, everything is in our RV... the only thing we really pack up before a trip is clothes, personal electronics/cameras and food. Sometimes we might take food with us...sometimes we also wait until we get to our destination...depends on where we are going and for how long.

I keep clothes in the rv but the wife will not because she is afraid some one will see her in something she wore at the last campout. Duh....I can't remember what she wore and I don't know how some one else could. I sure do not remember what other people wore. Now if they were naked then I might remember....

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
We do the same thing you do. It only takes us 15 minutes to be ready to go.

X2
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
For the most part, everything is in our RV... the only thing we really pack up before a trip is clothes, personal electronics/cameras and food. Sometimes we might take food with us...sometimes we also wait until we get to our destination...depends on where we are going and for how long.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We do the same thing you do. It only takes us 15 minutes to be ready to go.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we're not in hurricane country (suburban Chicago) but we do the same thing. we stock the MH at the beginning of the season and empty it at the end. we keep separate sets of clothing, pots, pans, toiletries and the like in the MH year round. about all we need to add before departing is perishable foods, some electronics and a few other things. the KISS principle in action.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle