cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad

Mike_P_
Explorer
Explorer
Would anyone have a company name that does a complete setup on a toad for flat towing? Will also need a trans pump install.
We are in the Mesa AZ area, and would like to talk to a couple different companies if possible.
TIA< Mike
9 REPLIES 9

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
NSA Ready Brute has a list of dealer/ installers. We had good luck using the list in Los Angeles. See: https://www.readybrake.com/dealer-locator.htmlhttps://

Norm
F1BNorm

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Tom/Barb wrote:
For what it costs to set up a car for towing, you can buy a new car trailer. and it can back up.

Now, I agree, from the OP's post, sounds like they don't have a toad that is very 4 down friendly. And you can't back up a toad, however a trailer defeats alot of the convenience of a toad, depending on how the owners use it.
But I just turned my Jeep into a toad and so did a buddy. Cost me a used $50 towbar off of craigslist and a set of $20 mag mount towing lights.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Atlee wrote:
True. But if you go National park hopping across the country, how much of a pain in the posterior is a car trailer when getting into your camp site? And how much of a pain is hooking up a car trailer every few days when on this cross country tour?

Tom/Barb wrote:
For what it costs to set up a car for towing, you can buy a new car trailer. and it can back up.

Atlee, you have to realize many peoples fingers do the talking before their brain considers the whole situation. May be the case here, may not. We don't know enough about how the OP plans to use the toad.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
True. But if you go National park hopping across the country, how much of a pain in the posterior is a car trailer when getting into your camp site? And how much of a pain is hooking up a car trailer every few days when on this cross country tour?

Tom/Barb wrote:
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
carringb wrote:
I don't believe transmission pumps are an option anymore. Remco is no longer making them.

Somewhere out in the garage is the LP-1 that I removed from the PT Cruiser. The motor runs, but the pump hasn't been tested. There are still some around...
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I don't believe transmission pumps are an option anymore. Remco is no longer making them.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cliff's Welding in Mesa has a good and expensive reputation.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you asked the local Camping World, our forum hosts?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad