cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing 2014 Acura MDX

newmarray
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone towing a 2WD 2014 Acura MDX? My owners manual has conflicting statements regarding the towing behind a motor home. I'm thinking of using a tow dolly, any concerns?
6 REPLIES 6

newmarray
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info on the type of tow dolly. Hopefully, I'll get squared away.

NWnative
Explorer
Explorer
The Acura MDX absolutley can't be towed 4 down (and this is specifically what the manual refers to when saying can't be towed behind a motorhome). Preferred 'emergency towing' guidelines are for all 4 off the ground or for the FWD verson, Front wheels off the ground . I have an AWD MDX and just purchased a FWD Accord. I specifically got the FWD Accord so that I could use a tow dolly for towing behind the motorhome. (my Accord has the same V6 and Transmisison as the FWD MDX) The rear wheels on a FWD vehicle simply trail along and are in no way attached to the drive train. If you use a tow dolly, you will be fine. You will want a tow dolly that has a plate that moves and/or wheels that steer so you are not putting undue strain on the steering components of the vehicle being towed. So, yes...read the manual and you will see that 4 up or FWD front 2 up are accceptable.
2019 Ford F250 Lariat CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 - 6.2 Gas w/4.30 Axle
2016 Airstream Flying Cloud 30RB / Blue Ox Sway Pro / Rock Tamers
2021 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
If I could tow a 2014 MDX, I'd buy one tomorrow. Acura says no way.

In the owner's manual it says:

"Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home. If your vehicle needs to be towed in an emergency, refer to the emergency towing information."
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

newmarray
Explorer
Explorer
Auomatic trans, don't believe clearance would be an issue. Only concern is the transmission or reaqr axle. However, based on the fact that it's a 2WD vehicle, I may be over analyzing the issue. Thanks....

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what are the conflicts? if 2WD on front wheels, clearance would be the main issue. are you talking automatic transmission or stick?
bumpy