cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing 2015 Honda CRV/Fit

weinturv
Explorer
Explorer
With the redesign of the 2015 Honda CRV and Fit, it includes the econ feature to improve the car's fuel economy.

Perhaps for other reasons too, they cannot be towed 4 down. Can they be towed with a dolly and 2 up?

Cindy
Cindy and Company (Na, and constant pals - Lady and Jodie)
2013 Winnebago Vista 27N
Blue Ox Aventa II, Brake Buddy
toad 2011 CRV
4 REPLIES 4

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from class A forum
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Cindy,

I would look in the owner's manual to make sure it can be towed on a dolly. Personally, I don't see why not if you get the front-wheel-drive version.

We have the Econ button on our CR-V and it changes the way the transmission shifts. If I have the cruise set at 65 mph and I come up to a hill, it will not shift down to maintain speed. The speed might fall to 60 mph and then build back up once we clear the hill. If the hill is rather steep, it will kick down a gear to stay close to the set speed.

If the Econ button is off, all shifting is normal. I have noticed an increase in fuel mileage while using the Econ button.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two-wheel drive versions can be towed with a dolly (that's all the Fits and some of the CR-Vs). Basically any front wheel drive vehicle may be towed with a dolly; the main limitations are due to physical interference problems (i.e. the back end scrapes on bumps or the body doesn't fit on the dolly properly).

2015 Fits with a manual transmission can be towed four down, as I understand it. The CVT models cannot. I don't know whether the Fit EV can be, but my hunch is no.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the econ, Hondas have had that for years. it's the new ECV transmission.
2013 ACE 29.2