cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing Chevy Malibu

AZ_Gary
Explorer
Explorer
Can a 2005 Malibu be towed with all 4 on the ground? What do you have to do like removing fuses etc.
5 REPLIES 5

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful. I contacted GM customer service about whether or not the Cruze could be towed four down with auto and they said yes. A member on forums told me it couldn't so I contacted GM again and the second time they told me it couldn't be done as I'd asked.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful. I contacted GM customer service about whether or not the Cruze could be towed four down with auto and they said yes. A member on forums told me it couldn't so I contacted GM again and the second time they told me it couldn't be done as I'd asked. I gave up finding a toad because I don't know who to believe.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
We tow a 2007 Malibu, should be the same as 2005. As mentioned, the owners manual will tell you what you need to do. Unfortunately our 2013 Malibu can't be towed 4 down, different trans, which is why we still have the 2007.

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Page 266 of this manual will explain what needs to be done. Click the link and it will open or you can save it to your pc for reading. It can be towed 4 down but some fuses have to be removed.:)

http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/chevrolet/2005-Chevrolet-Malibu.pdf
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
Read the owners manual and see what it says!