Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel trailer Tires

stargate3805jc
Explorer
Explorer
Good Year Marathon 225/75R15 Tires

Does anyone have an answer to the question as to how good Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15 tires are to put on my 2006 Dutchman Colorado 26 FB Travel trailer. It's got Duro Radial DS 2100 load Range D ST 225/73R15 tires on it now. I bought the trailer in Sept. of 2010 so the tires have got to be in the 6 to 8 year level where people say tires should be replaced even with lots of tread left and tires have no crack's or blemish's on the side walls. I know I need to look at the DOT number also to know how old the tires are. Thank's for any help you all can be on this matter!
8 REPLIES 8

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest:

Post your question on the *Travel Trailer* forum (here).
You can't "double post" so either ask the Mod to move your question,
or simply re-word it there.

Try a search on the TT forum. Use keywords like "Goodyear Marathon" (or any brand), "tires", etc.
Check the box underneath to limit your search to TTs.

Lots of GY Marathon "thoughts" here by TT owners

The tire threads here are eventually either closed - or die a natural death. The Thread above ran from 11-06 to 5-11.
Then went to a poll - and other similar threads.

~

FastEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I agree, the GY Marathons will work just fine.

FastEagle

ron64gc
Explorer
Explorer
Got almost 8 years out of a set of Marathons. When removed 2 were shot and 2 were still good enough to put on utility trailer. Maintain pressure and keep them covered and off ground when not on road should give good service.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
wandering1 wrote:
JIMNLIN wrote:
If the Duro's, which has a terrible rep with trailer owners (not just RVs) has lasted you for 6-8 years with no issues then the Marathons should work well for you. The Marathons are one of the oldest, if not the oldest, trailer tires on the market.
ST (trailer tires) should be replaced after 3-5 years so with your tires at 6-8 years your living right.

If the duros have lasted you for 6-8 years with no issues then get duros.

My Duros went a grand total of 18 months before self destructing back to base compounds. There are much better available
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
If the Duro's, which has a terrible rep with trailer owners (not just RVs) has lasted you for 6-8 years with no issues then the Marathons should work well for you. The Marathons are one of the oldest, if not the oldest, trailer tires on the market.
ST (trailer tires) should be replaced after 3-5 years so with your tires at 6-8 years your living right.

If the duros have lasted you for 6-8 years with no issues then get duros.
HR

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
My Duro 2100 radials performed flawlessly for 4 years and 9000 miles through 28 states. I only changed them out because I wanted a higher load rating.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
There are many of us that feel Maxxis M8008 radials are the best ST tires available currently. There are many people who feel all ST trailer tires are junk but in the right application they can perform adequately. How much does the trailer weigh ready to roll?
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)