cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trouble finding TAN/BROWN RV covers

wsalopek
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks...we need to disguise our 20-foot class C as much as possible (to make our neighbors happy). We live in New Mexico, and many homes are tan/brown.

In looking for a cover, seems like 90% are either grey, or multi-colored and/or striped, or have a white top.

We'd like to find a solid tan/brown...a cover that would draw the least amount of attention as possible.

The only tan unit I can find at a couple different websites (National Discount Covers is one), happens sadly, to also be the most expensive model...and we'd sure like to spend less.

Any ideas?

Thanks...
21 REPLIES 21

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
The one I saw on campingworld.com was 471.00. sounds like your getting a better deal. Good luck.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Have done business with Tweeties in the past. No issues. They've been around a long time too.

wsalopek
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman,

Let's face it, except to us RV fans, quite often RV's are thought to be eyesores when parked for months and years on end in a neighborhood. All I am trying to do is be as good a neighbor as reasonably possible, as I'd like my neighbors to do the same for me.

Any cover, even with a white top or stripes or grey (even as grey is a "non natural/earth" color), "softens" the look of an RV, which is always a plus.

As far as covers, I have found that expensive tan cover for a 10% lower price at Tweeties.com (anyone ever buy from them?).

It'll be about $460 delivered as opposed to the $505 or so I saw at other websites...looks like that one is going to be the winner...and of course I will very much enjoy the quality of that cover...the extra money will be well spent.

--

Bill

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
There is one on campingworld.com that is solid tan, but with a white top. But you said a white top was a no-go. I've seen solid gray ones as well, but that's not your color either. Not sure if what your looking for exists. These covers are made to protect the RV - not hide one, and a white top reflects heat.You could Google RV cover and look at images. It's still going to look like a big brown box.

You must be a good neighbor to be so worried about this - are you not allowed to park it at home?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wsalopek
Explorer
Explorer
"Hiding" is actually a bit too big of a word, just wanna decrease the RV's "visual signature" as much as possible.

wsalopek
Explorer
Explorer
"Hiding" is a bit too big of a word, just wanna decrease the RV's "visual signature" as much as possible.

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda sounds to me like whatever you are trying to do to "hide" your RV is not going to be a viable long term solution with the neighbors ???? I mean it's hard to disguise an elephant in phone booth.

wsalopek
Explorer
Explorer
Wa8yxm,

The garage or car port is a good idea...the best, really...just trying to do the "hiding" for less money than that.

--

Bill

P.S. And I'll check about "custom" covers...

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you contact the companies that make the covers, many times they will be willing to do a "Custom" job for you... I will tell you a true (Short) story.

On my motor home the "Delux" steering wheel is like a 300 dollar option..
I contacted the company that made it cause.. Well it just did not work for me. Thy made me a CUSTOM wheel (1 or 2" larger than the Delux) which works well for me.. $176 and it had to be hand made, they did not have a machine to do it at that size (fits perfectly). YES it was CHEAPER than the "Standard" Delux wheel.
The moral.... You migh even save MONEY by contacting the factory direct.

page 2:

How about building a garage for it.. I'd go with a car port with front, back and sides. Not very expensive and completly hides the Class whatever.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
check walmart online they had some tan ones
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wsalopek wrote:
Sound Guy...

The MAIN purpose of this cover would be to down play the RV's "visual signature" as much as possible...weather protection and longevity, while normally the most important features of a cover, are not the #1 priority for us, in this case.

Not trying to "cut corners", and I know buying the most expensive cover is not a bad idea, just thinking that a "mid range" cover, of the right color, would suit us just fine.

Understand ... just responding to another's post that an inexpensive solution is a tarp ... bad idea as it will trap moisture that a purpose designed fabric cover will not.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

wsalopek
Explorer
Explorer
Sound Guy...

The MAIN purpose of this cover would be to down play the RV's "visual signature" as much as possible...weather protection and longevity, while normally the most important features of a cover, are not the #1 priority for us, in this case.

Not trying to "cut corners", and I know buying the most expensive cover is not a bad idea, just thinking that a "mid range" cover, of the right color, would suit us just fine.

--

Bill

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Opie431 wrote:
What about a very large tarp in tan?

Fabric RV covers of the type we're discussing breathe but a tarp that doesn't is the worst thing one could use to cover any RV. :E Although we all want to be cautious as to how we spend our $$$ I disagree with the OP in wanting to cut corners when investing in a cover ... presumably he's got a significant investment in his Class C that is worthy of a QUALITY cover, which expensive as it may initially seem will still represent but a tiny fraction of the value of the rig it's protecting.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
What about a very large tarp in tan?