cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turning Radius w/Ladder

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of new to dinghy towing, but have been pulling our Jeep GC for a thousand miles or so. When the installer was reviewing the installation of our Blue Ox/Air Force set up with us, I specifically asked if there was anyway the coach and toad could hit each other on a sharp turn. His response was "probably not", but don't quote me. We have a full ladder in the back and I am thinking, while watching in the rear camera, that if I turn (lock) the wheel to the right, it will hit the front of the toad. Even without a locking turn, it seems very close. I was hoping for a more definitive answer from the installer, but didn't get one. I guess I can go into a parking lot and do my own research, but wanted to ask those folks with more experience what your thoughts were.

Thanks.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
2 REPLIES 2

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I second the above remark! It will depend upon too many things to get an answer on this forum!

Go to a large parking lot and take a spotter with you!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you trust someone on the internet that no idea how far out your ladder is if it will hit the Jeep? Go to the parking lot and try it, then you will know for sure.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.