cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unexpected refund

tomdinwv
Explorer
Explorer
Last week we went camping at a COE CG here in WV. When we planned the trip, we booked it on Reserve America, and payed for 4 nights online. We decided to leave after 3 nights. As I was leaving the CG there was no one in the office to tell we were leaving. Just a handmade sign saying they would be back by 2pm. No big deal, we went ahead and left. I wasn't going to ask for a refund for the last night we booked and didn't use. Never even crossed my mind to do so. A few days later, a refund for $22 showed up on my card. I was plesently suprised. I never expected to get a refund at all, much less for the full amount of 1 nights stay. Just thought I'd share a good experience since so many folks suffer so many bad ones when trying to get refunds.
9 REPLIES 9

Jloucks
Explorer
Explorer
I have found this to be the norm, not the exception.

Maybe it is just all my rugged good looks.

....or more likely, luck.

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Refunds are ALWAYS determined by the parks administrators and NEVER by the booking agent. I see LOTS of posts where people are upset with RA or REC.GOV when they have nothing to do with refunds. Sounds like the COE you stayed in has a more liberal policy than MOST others (and probably more good will also)
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
I had booked a state park for this weekend through reserve america. I cancelled it yesterday due to weather and they refunded all but a small service charge back.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thats good to hear, we've never got a refund, but then we've never left a COE CG early. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Actions like this make us want to be repeat customers.

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
We got a similar surprise last year. We reserved two nights at Steamboat Rock State park in Eastern Washington, not realising how hot it was going to get. After the first night we decided to leave, since our generator was giving us some grief and we needed both a/cs.

The office was closed, so I left a note offering the balance of my fee to whoever got the site. About 10 days later, the refund showed up.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

tomdinwv
Explorer
Explorer
Correction. I said in my original post that it was through Reserve America. It was recreation.gov that we booked the site through. Reserve America will send you to recreation.gov when you try to book at some gov CGs. My mistake, just wanted to correct myself.

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA on the Outer Banks gave me a refund for two nights but I wasn't really expecting it. We were scheduled to spend 5 nights there and after the third night I get a call that morning telling me that my dad had overturned his tractor and I needed to come home. I went to the office to just tell them that I was leaving and the reason and the lady gave me a refund for the two nights. I was pleasantly surprised and my dad wasn't seriously injured so it was a good thing all around.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

KarenS144
Explorer
Explorer
That has happened to us too! I didn't ask nor expected a refund either time. Love those COE campgrounds.
Karen
Paoli, IN

Traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433
with 1 Hubby and 2 Boxers!