cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Update: Brake Buddy Vantage Select Fixed

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
I posted earlier about my BB running constantly -- well, BB fixed it FREE of charge.

I just happen to live 100 miles from Hopkins(who makes BB) in Emporia, Ks., so on a camping trip to a state park south of there this week, I dropped off my unit to have it checked out. Got it today and they replaced the circuit board for proportional braking (it was only braking during quick stopping), the compressor (which was fried), and a Norgren kit that is some sort of valve (it was leaking). They also gave me a kit to rewire my Jeep for heavier current capability. The man told me that the leak caused the compressor to not shut off, and the wiring in most new cars today can't supply adequate current, and therefore low voltage, which hurt the compressor (my Jeep connector was so hot you couldn't hold it). I guess the compressor would have fried with or without the new wiring, because of the leak. However, the much heavier wiring will certainly prevent voltage drop, and compressor motor damage.

I was very surprised at the no cost, especially since it was out of warranty by 6 months.

This company is much larger than I expected with many employees. Hats off to Hopkins Manuf. Corp.!!! I left that place on a real high.
1 REPLY 1

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
Some of you may be interested in this. I just got around to installing the new power wiring given to me by BB. It consisted of a jacketed cable, socket for the BB plug, and fuse for connection directly to the car battery. I installed it in about 1 hour. Below is a picture of it in my Jeep Wrangler. It is installed on the driver side door strap holder.

The BB unit seems to build up pressure faster and shut off faster after system test. So, get on the road!