cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verterans& Retirees benifits

southbound
Explorer
Explorer
To all my fellow camping vererans and military retirees, Noticed about the closing of commissaries. That not all the Congressional Budget Office wants to cut. Defense Department and the COB want tocut Concurrent receipt pay and other veterans benefits. Increase Tri care
Read, all the cuts they want to do in last weeks Navy Times. At this rate it will be the 70's all over again, when ships could not go out to sea due to not enough money. Yet the Congressional Budget Office keeps all their benifits, good salaries, which come from us and outside companies.:(
Sorry for ranting about this but have no where else to vent and I know there are a lot of military out there in the camping world.
Southbound
66 REPLIES 66

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
It's there suggestions but up to congress to approve. I don't think we'll see any more fam-camps built or upgrades for a while even though these bring in money to MWR on the base.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Just like in WY. The politicians do lots of photo ops and on vet days they say how much they appreciae your service. Then they vote against military benefits. Shameful. This is typical of political whores. I am totally ashamed of our politicians. Their total goal is to get elected and qualify for a plush retirement. They could care less about thiis country. I have begun to wonder what has become of this great country.

Bigrick
Explorer
Explorer
Your only recourse may be to make changes in November 2014 and 2016.
2007 Dutchmen 28F GS
2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD 5.7L V-8

74vette
Explorer
Explorer
I am a Viet Nam vet and retired in November 2012 . In the beginning of this year, I started volunteering at a local Vet Center for a program called Healing Waters. We help local vets of any age learn to tie flies and fly fish our local waters. I was taken back at the amount of time it took these vets to receive their benefits. They come back from a war and face what they call the 1,000 day war, time required to receive benefits. I hope we can change this as it poses a great hardship on our veterans. Now I am off my soap box.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Remember that the military was deemed excessive and needed to be reduced in scope and nature, per 2007 interviews. You reap what you sow..........

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah they like photo ops showing respect to VETS and then take away anything that helps VETS and their families while they enjoy Cadillac benes.

Makes me want to puke. I hate politicians and the teat suckers at DOD
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the "rant" More an more is getting taken away or which was part of the deal in return for serving. I have never been inside any VA, American Legion or VFW but belong to all 3. My "PAC" you might say.
DOD not your best friend and in Congress, if they vote against VETS I vote against them.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"