cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Want to tow a vehicle

summerbreeze
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Forest River Sunseeker Ford 450. I need some help please. Pretty new at RVing but know I need a vehicle as I'm wanting to leave campsites and explore. Yes I've looked at list of vehicles but just get more confused. I don't need a new vehicle but would like a small suv. Want to keep it under 10k. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of options, for that price point your looking at 2012 or older, Jeeps if you want true 4 wheelin, something like a Chevy Equinox for a comfortable car with 4 wheel available.
2012 Dinghy guide

Other years are available from the same source, but this will give you some ideas.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a big fan of Suzuki Sidekicks and The Vitara models but there are lots of others.

Here is a LINK to the past umpty ump years of the models of vehicles towable four down without major changes.

The lighter the better as far as I am concerned but I've towed a Suzuki Grand Vitara and don't know it's back there for the most part.

Good luck with the search.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK what you want is called a 'toad' or 'tadpole' among other names. You probably should ask in the Class C forum, you have a Class C. They will have the best advice since they are doing it. The name of this forum is confusing, it does not refer to vehicles that are being towed but to vehicles that do the towing. Pull a travel trailer for instance.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper