cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Watchin the RV show from florida

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Showed a TT. Had a WET BATH, A cloth curtain for a divider door to the WET BATH. The "bedroom" only had single beds on a angle down the sides of the TT. NO slide. And it was $79,000.00. Yes Seventy Thousand Dollars.
I figure $9000.00 for the TT, and $70,000.00 for the Airstream name.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
12 REPLIES 12

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chris Bryant wrote:
But..... It will still be on the road in 50 years.......

It won't be on the road behind my TV. A 80k wet bath with a vinyl curtain REALLY? His, and hers beds with No door. REALLY??? You aren't asking for much for your money. Have to remember. A name is only a name. Ain't worth giving up comfort, room, and great options for.

And don't be fooled. They wear out as well. Everything does. Furniture covers fade, and get torn. Stoves, Refers, wear as well. Though admittedly. there is not much furniture in there to wear out. It is kind of a basic interior, with no frills. 25' of poorly designed floorplan.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
My in-laws had owned 3 different Airstreams (27' to 33') and had traveled the country before they passed on. Wintered for years at Traveler's Rest Airstream Park on Johnston Rd about 15 miles west of Dade City, FL.

I certainly agree that Airstreams are quite poorly laid out floorplans, drastically deficient in storage space, and are vastly overpriced, but they sure do have a very long service life for the basic RV unit structure itself. However, the "purchased" as made inside appliances and all the other components in the Airstreams are the same as in other high end RV's and yes, they have shorter lives than the RV structure. You pay dearly for the Airstream name!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I do not like the storage in any Air Stream I have ever looked at plus they are all so plain looking almost like an operating room in a hospital....Plus cereal boxes do not fit...

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
12 years even for a "Jayco RV" (the largest volume non-corporate owned RV manufacturer in the world by far and has been making RV's for 47 years now, 1968-2015), and Jayco which is not a so called "high end" RV, 12 years isn't a long time nor a failed RV unit ready for the junk yard.

The average age of the Jayco RV's still in service today is 16.6 years according to an RVIA study done in 2014. Mind you that this is the "average age" of all the RV the manufacturer had built and sold. Some RV manufactures really cut corners in their RV's frames and build and some do not and have not.

Then there's the owners who actually maintain their RV's and some that do not! Makes sense to expect a high end RV last in good condition for well over 12 or even 24 years if maintained reasonably.

BTW, I do NOT own a Jayco RV so I do not have a dog in the fight...

Buy cheap, get cheap! Then complain when it has issues and guess who made the decision to buy that RV in the first place? DUH!!!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Heck- that's just a bit over half what hand built Bowlus Road Chief goes for @ $130k.
๐Ÿ™‚
-- Chris Bryant

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I do not like the storage in any Air Stream I have ever looked at plus they are all so plain looking almost like an operating room in a hospital....Plus cereal boxes do not fit...

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Hondavalk wrote:
Chris Bryant wrote:

But .... for 80,000 I could buy 4 RV's over time and have a new trailer every 12 years. :B

The 4 new rv's you are talking about will not last 12 yrs. each. One AS will still be riding along.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hondavalk wrote:
Chris Bryant wrote:

But .... for 80,000 I could buy 4 RV's over time and have a new trailer every 12 years. :B

Yes, and for the second six years of those twelve, it will be breaking down and falling apart until you finally buy the next one. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'd rather buy quality once - IF I can find it.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chris Bryant wrote:

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
-- Chris Bryant

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
My thoughts too
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Bingo!!!!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend