cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WDH size

cmarkj
Explorer
Explorer
Is there any way to tell what the rating of your WDH is?
I bought a new trailer a few years ago but can't find all the paperwork for the sale. I'm not sure what the rating is, but before I go and spend money on a new one (i case I upgrade my trailer) I want to make sure what the # rating is for the one I currently have. It is a Pro series but without having it here in front of me, I'm not sure there are any plates or stamping a to identify any part of it.
Thanks
Always looking for the perfect site.
5 REPLIES 5

cmarkj
Explorer
Explorer
No, I haven't found out yet. There is 4 feet of snow between the camper and myself and constant below zero temps and the hitch is in the front pass thru and the camper is under wraps. Hopefully in a few weeks I can get at it. When I first got the the hitch, it was installed when I bought a 2012 Crossroads Z-1 211RD with a dry wt of around 4100# and a hitch wt of between 450-500#. I never thought about it when I traded that in for a 2013 winnebago Minnie 2201DS with a listed hitch wt of 620# and the dealer never brought it up either. So, either I am good for the Minnie or my hitch has been undersized for a year. So whether I get a new camper this year or not, I guess I have to check the rating of my hitch.
Always looking for the perfect site.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you can find a part number on it, here is a link to all of Reese Pro Series hitches.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
it might also be helpful, if you had posted info on your trailer, year-make-model. then we'd have an idea of what your Pro WDH was matched to.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you figure it out?

Our Reese WDH only has stickers on it, unless it's stamped under the stickers. I wonder if measuring the bar diameter with a micrometer would give a clue and compare it to what others may have?

The manufacturer should be able to help:

Pro Series

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Should be stamped on the spring bar.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population