cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you have in your cupboards?

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed a lot of people new to camping ask, what do we need.

I thought it would help to know what others travel with in the TT.
I am not talking tools this time but household items.

There are only 2 of us 90% of the time but we have...

Cutlery and dishes for 6 and assorted utensils, the same things as in main house.
2 med pots and 1 large
1 small, 1 lge fry pan
Kettle, toaster
2 lge, 2 med plastic bowls
1 plastic jug
Small assortment of plasic containers
Plastic wrap, bags and foil, plus different size garbage bags
Wine glasses, LOL!

Extra set of bedding for our bed and 1 set of linen for B beds
6 of each, towels, f cloths, dish cloths, tea towels
2 picnic table cloths

First aid kit, flash lights, elastic bands, clothes line and pegs, string, bag clips, scissors, tape, writing note book, cards, 3 board games, books,

Bathroom items stay in TT so not having to remember them. Flip flops for CG showers, bag to carry items to shower.

Weber grill, outdoor stove, pie iron, marshmallow stix.
More but not a lot!

Carry on and add what you have....
26 REPLIES 26

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
What we need is a whole wall slide, that has wheels etc. Just pull up, to the house and ease out the slide, with all the clothes, pots pans etc, the whole shebank, and insert it into a wall, of the house and vice verse.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
5 titanium insulated mugs, 5 sets titanium silverware, 2 titanium pots, 5 titanium shallow bowls (can serve as either plates or bowls), a few cheap plastic plates, 1 aluminum non-stick conventional 5 quart pot, 1 paring knife. All but the plastic plates and conventional pot serve dual duty: We're also a family of backpackers. ๐Ÿ™‚
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty much same as the house but service for 4. Above that it's paper plate time.

I like to keep it down; clothes, kid and a cooler of perishables (that includes a bottle of Gentleman Jack), then head for the truck. Anything else, there's a Walmart.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Stuff, so much stuff that I tow a large cupboard behind me.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

Cuffs054
Explorer
Explorer
Since I haven't been to my TT in months I'm expecting to find mouse poopy in my cabinets. Wait, what was the question again?

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
Can't believe we're on page 3 and no one has mentioned duct tape.

I have a ziplock with minimal office supplies -- envelopes, stamps, Scotch tape, rubber bands, tiny stapler, half size Manila envelopes

Sharpies, masking tape
Swiffer duster, Pledge, Windex, Dawn, microfiber cleaning cloths
Broom and dustpan
Fire extinguishers
Wastebaskets
Fridge thermometer

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
toaster, large pot, small pot, service for 6, large bowl, small bowl, pie irons, coffee cups, keuirig, perkolator, popcorn popper(crab pot).
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Rancher_Will
Explorer
Explorer
For years, in our RVs, we have the same items in the cupboards as we do at home. The only difference is that we only have enough for the two of us plus perhaps enough for 2 or 3 guests who visit from time to time.

When we are ready to leave on a trip we only put enough food and extra clothing for the trip, knowing that if we need more there is always a store close by whereever we are.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I like using airtight containers for everything. I buy cereal, move it to a container, chuck the box before a trip. This not just saves space and give me less stuff to throw away, but the sealed containers (especially if made from metal or glass) tend to be decently resistant to rodents.

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Mardi Gras paper plates! :B and all the usual stuff. I don't carry extras of anything but batteries, so BYOCC--bring your own coffee cup!
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I started with service for 8, multiple pots and pans, etc. just like home. After my first trip, service for six stayed home. Added some good plastic knives, forks, spoons and paper plates. One skillet, a couple of pots, drip coffee maker, toaster, manual can opener, a few cooking utensils and a couple of good knives. There's no place to put dirty dishes, so wash them and put them away after each meal.
Same with clothes. Nothing that needs ironing. Jeans and pocket T-Shirts, etc.
No more than what a washing machine will hold for one load of whites and one load of colors.
I'm on vacation.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Wine, no..Kailua now we are talking.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We live in our rv about 6 months a year so we keep just about the same things that we have at home, just less of them. Minimal pots, pans, dishes and nothing like a food processor but pretty much everything else.

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
Wine!!

You're my kind of people. Always keep the essentials, lol.

Cat Lady
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.