cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you have in your cupboards?

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed a lot of people new to camping ask, what do we need.

I thought it would help to know what others travel with in the TT.
I am not talking tools this time but household items.

There are only 2 of us 90% of the time but we have...

Cutlery and dishes for 6 and assorted utensils, the same things as in main house.
2 med pots and 1 large
1 small, 1 lge fry pan
Kettle, toaster
2 lge, 2 med plastic bowls
1 plastic jug
Small assortment of plasic containers
Plastic wrap, bags and foil, plus different size garbage bags
Wine glasses, LOL!

Extra set of bedding for our bed and 1 set of linen for B beds
6 of each, towels, f cloths, dish cloths, tea towels
2 picnic table cloths

First aid kit, flash lights, elastic bands, clothes line and pegs, string, bag clips, scissors, tape, writing note book, cards, 3 board games, books,

Bathroom items stay in TT so not having to remember them. Flip flops for CG showers, bag to carry items to shower.

Weber grill, outdoor stove, pie iron, marshmallow stix.
More but not a lot!

Carry on and add what you have....
26 REPLIES 26

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Wine!!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
Things that reside permanently in the camper:
Dishes, flashlights, crock pot, pots and frying pans, griddle, toaster, cooler, baggies and plastic storage containers, bug spray, toiletries, laundry detergent, extra blankets, extra linen, dog crate/bowls, umbrellas, easy up, lawn chairs, tools, folding table. Adding a blender this summer for breakfast smoothies that we enjoy.

Kid stuff: fishing nets, fishing poles and tackle, playdoh, board games, boogie boards, life jackets, sand toys, glow sticks, squirt guns, snorkels, masks, RC cars/boats, bubbles, sidewalk, chalk.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
happynow wrote:
Long handle Tongs for Campfire,Aluminum Foil, Large Ziplock bags for marinade
I enjoy cooking so Pantry staples are important. Found very small containers for many items:
Olive Oil,Veg Oil, Variety of Vinegar's in tiny plastic squeeze bottles, Brown Sugar, Agave,Sugar, Flour, a dozen or so Spices, Salt and Pepper, shelf stable lemon and lime packets, shelf stable creamer, Coffee,hot sauce,
Tea bags,lemonade mix, hot cocoa for chilly nights,tomato and chicken soup
Small Thermos for soups on hikes, Large Thermos for coffee while fishing or kayaking breaks.

I find putting staple items into containers or zip bags msake it easier to store as well as not all the extra packaging. Mostly things get changed to stackable containers, all labelled and easy to see how much is left or what it is.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
loulou57 wrote:
I noticed a lot of people new to camping ask, what do we need.

Need vs. want is a huge difference. I tried answering the "What do we need for our first trip?" question.

The rest is personal preference. We stock our camper like it's an apartment - which means, all of the standard kitchen fair (cups, plates, bowels, utensils, cooking instruments, pots, pans, crock pot, electric skillet, etc.). We then include all of the bedding because we travel, we don't camp- so that includes fitted sheets, flat sheets, comforters, pillows for all of the beds plus extras for when things get dirty. Bathrooms-wise, we have towels, bath sheets, hand towels, a stocked medicine cabinet and pantry and laundry mat supplies. Entertainment options, we have the TVs, DVD players, a set of movies, games, books, crafts and various other activities. Then we move outside, with the grill setup (fire grill, charcoal grill, grill tools), picnic table fixins (table cloth, disposable plates, cups, utensils), various bug-getter-ridders, plus all of the outside home comforts (chairs, EZ-up structure w/ screen walls, etc.). Plus, on top of all of that- you can't forget the baby comforts (booster seat, fold up seat, pack and play, outdoor playpen, gates for keeping baby away from the fire, diapers, wipes, etc., etc.).

My goal when we go to leave for a trip is to grab some clothes, grab some food and leave. It never works out that way as we have 37 straggler bags, but hey- that's my goal. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda depends on if you live fulltime in your rig or only on weekends. Now I have more than one set of bed sheets and extra cheap thrift store towels for rainy muddy days. I had babysat a friends dog during the rainy season when it rained almost every day for a week. I was told the dog was spoiled and smart. I didn't realize until the dog came in from doing her "business" and immediately climbed into my bed, pulled down the covers, crawled in my bed and pulled the blankets back up on her. And her feet were wet and muddy. I left her all nice and toasty in my bed while I when to town and bought a couple sets of sheets and stopped by the thrift store to pick up some towels just for furry feet wiping as I have no washer or dryer in my rig. Sneaky rotten dog. ๐Ÿ™‚

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most of the above!!

I guess we are not really camping, but moving where we are living for the week or weekend! :B
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
Long handle Tongs for Campfire,Aluminum Foil, Large Ziplock bags for marinade
I enjoy cooking so Pantry staples are important. Found very small containers for many items:
Olive Oil,Veg Oil, Variety of Vinegar's in tiny plastic squeeze bottles, Brown Sugar, Agave,Sugar, Flour, a dozen or so Spices, Salt and Pepper, shelf stable lemon and lime packets, shelf stable creamer, Coffee,hot sauce,
Tea bags,lemonade mix, hot cocoa for chilly nights,tomato and chicken soup
Small Thermos for soups on hikes, Large Thermos for coffee while fishing or kayaking breaks.
happynow

Steve and Carol

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Coffee mugs, paper plates, napkins, plastic ware, over the fire popcorn popper, jiffy pop handle, round grill top for over the fire cooking, dutchoven, beach towels, bath mat, towels, comforter, platter, bowls, cups (large and small) red solo cups, plates, silverware, cooking utensils, corn on the cob pot, fry pans, pots, griddle, coffee pot.

That is what I have off the top of my head.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
We found some nice collapsing strainers. We bought one at walmart and another at the dollar store, much cheaper $ than camping suppliers. Also some nice light cutting boards.

When I started to gather things I thought we needed, I ended up cutting the list in half. There are certain things though you just have to have in your kitchen, such as a garlic press.

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
Since we live in the motor home all summer, we take a crock pot. Also a couple of standard items, a strainer for pasta, cutting board, a couple of sharp knives, coffee pot, extension cords.
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Crock pot
Skewers for grill
Kindle (that way I don't have to carry numerous books)
Silicone gloves instead of pot holders
Rain ponchos for each of us
Several platters that can double as plates if necessary for extra guests
Coffee pot
Large 5 gallon pot for crab boils
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Way too much but I have no say in the matter
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)