cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What ever happened to RV Park Reviews?

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I can no longer find it. It was my go to site to check out RV Parks throughout the nation. It had a big map of the country on the home page. I get other sites that do not measure up.
28 REPLIES 28

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Learned many many moons ago that "new and improved" is quite often not better. This is a good example.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn:
X2

Old site was like a comfy old pair of shoes. Guess you just gotta break in new shoes sometime! Though it might take a while and not get used/worn as often.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have no major problems with the new site, but I also think that all change is Not necessarily for the better.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Completely agree with all of the comments. They took something that worked really well and made it practically useless! Sometimes I hate "progress"!
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The new format has made the site all but useless to me.
Can't imagine what they were thinking.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
The new format stinks.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
The maps on the new site take forever to load. And if I go to a different tab while the map is loading, then when I come back it starts loading all over again!

I gave up.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
x2

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
The old site was so much easier to use.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've more or less abandoned the "new" replacement.

I much prefer the trip planner at https://freecampsites.net/#!&query=TripPlanner

It allows you to specify filters so you can choose places that have electricity and the like.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
There can be no progress without change but unfortunately most changes are not progress. Did they hire RVers or marketing people to make these change? Iโ€™ll bet...
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
From what I have read, they are still making changes to the new site. we shall see

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
They also changed something so that if you run your internet with hi security settings, you cant see the site.

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
The name has changed to Campground Reviews

Campground Reviews

Some of the screens have also changed. I find it more difficult to navigate then before but you can still lookup campgrounds

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle