cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is it? (pic)

sodakfisherman
Explorer
Explorer
I brought my new trailer home last week. In a cabinet along with the manuals, remotes, LP quick-connect hoses, and other things, was this small metal tool pictured below. On the long end is a hex head that is about 9/64". Any ideas?

2010 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L CTD
2013 Jayco Eagle 324BTS
Equal-i-zer 1400/14000
2010 Coachmen Freedom Express LTZ 230BH + Equal-i-zer 1000/10000 (SOLD)
23 REPLIES 23

tvfrfireman
Explorer
Explorer
T-10 Parabolic wrote:
Delta faucet repair tool!!!!! T-10
He's right. Delta Single armed faucet tool.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
The tool is for adjusting the thermotrockle on the teranodyne next to that other part.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Delta faucet repair kit. :B
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I know exactly what that is... Trying to think of the brand but it's a tool for working on the kitchen faucet. The Hex key is used to remove the handle and the spanner (yes that's what the other end is called) to adjust the nylon pressure ring on the single handle kitchen (or bathroom) faucet. The bent "legs" fit in slots in the nylon ring. It came in the box with one of the faucets by the way, if you go to the hardware store they often include the same wrench with the rebuild kits as well.

DELTA.. that's the make I'm trying to think of DELTA though there are other makes that might use the same tool.

You obviously don't bother to read any of the other replies to the OP's query. ๐Ÿ™‚ The question was answered in about the third reply.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know exactly what that is... Trying to think of the brand but it's a tool for working on the kitchen faucet. The Hex key is used to remove the handle and the spanner (yes that's what the other end is called) to adjust the nylon pressure ring on the single handle kitchen (or bathroom) faucet. The bent "legs" fit in slots in the nylon ring. It came in the box with one of the faucets by the way, if you go to the hardware store they often include the same wrench with the rebuild kits as well.

DELTA.. that's the make I'm trying to think of DELTA though there are other makes that might use the same tool.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
lat471 wrote:
Thanks for posting that. I have one of those laying around also and couldn't remember what it was for.:S

I was sitting here thinking the same thing. I have one of those and couldn't remember what it was for.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
I thought this item:

is used to adjust the flux capacitor that powers this item:

One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
See that`s why I didn`t know what it was! Forest River uses cheap squeaky faucets. LOL. this spring I`m thinking about upgrading to better faucets though.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
It's a lasar reflector. It is used to accurtely measure the distance from the earth to the moon.
EDIT. Sorry, I didn't realize that there were replies on the second page.

hammer21661
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
lat471 wrote:
Thanks for posting that. I have one of those laying around also and couldn't remember what it was for.:S
X-2, and now I remember!

I knew I saw one of them before, I have even used them. Taken out of the little parts bag i was stumped.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel Lariamie 1-2018
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
lat471 wrote:
X-2, and now I remember!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
back to the OP's question, it is a tool for a Delta single handle faucet to repair the faucet. The allen wrench fits the set screw to remove the handle and the other end is a spanner to tighten or loosen the packing nut that adjusts the tension on the "Ball" to obtain a proper pressure on the O rings below the ball to prevent leaking. When you buy a repair kit for a Delta facet the same wrench is usally included in the kit.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

sodakfisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Sylvan Lake it is.

We are heading to the Black Hills during that sweet spot in July, after the July 4 rush but before the Sturgis rally traffic picks up later in the month. I have not been to Sylvan Lake in 15 years. I can't wait!
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L CTD
2013 Jayco Eagle 324BTS
Equal-i-zer 1400/14000
2010 Coachmen Freedom Express LTZ 230BH + Equal-i-zer 1000/10000 (SOLD)

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
sodakfisherman wrote:
I actually know this from a documentary that I saw about claims that the Apollo moon landings were a hoax.

It is some sort of reflector that allows NASA to laser "ping" the moon to determine Earth-moon distance. Its presence on the moon and the ability of NASA to do so is one argument used to debunk said conspiracy theorists.

Give that man a cigar!

It is a one meter square LASER reflector on the Sea of Tranquility.

Its original use was to accurately measure the distance from the Earth to the Moon.

In early '70s a few of us used it for communications using 200 Watt CO2 LASERS and 8 inch reflector telescopes equipped with IR photo-diodes.

Aiming can be compared to hitting a running rabbit in the back of the head with a .22 rifle.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)