cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the Best RV Flag Pole System?

gjtrafl
Explorer
Explorer
Wondered what RV flag pole system you feel is the best for a class A? I am looking for a "turn key" system... nothing homemade.

Also wondered if the one you prefer causes a lot of noise inside and/or rocking of the RV?

Many thanks in advance!
2006 National Dolphin '36
Wilmington, NC
15 REPLIES 15

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
gjtrafl wrote:
Many thanks for all the replies. I am thinking now that I have narrowed it down to Poles and Holders v/s Flag Pole Buddy system. Each seem to have advantages and disadvantages.

Have you ordered a flag pole yet? If so, which one did you decide to go with and why if you don't mind me asking?

I have been looking for a good value model myself.... Leaning towards the Poles and Holders 20' with a tire/jack mount.

TY!!!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
gjtrafl wrote:
Looks very sharp CB!

Thank You

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

gjtrafl
Explorer
Explorer
Looks very sharp CB!
Wilmington, NC

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
gjtrafl wrote:
I am looking for a "turn key" system... nothing homemade.

Now you've made me feel bad.:(

I'm sure I could have come up with a front bumper mount instead of pin box.:B

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
one thing to think about is buying the locking pins for the lower sections because it really gets your attention when it collapses in the middle of the night. I forget the name but someone makes a pole with release buttons on the larger sections. Much easier than installing those pins

I think all of these come from the same factory in China anyway
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

gjtrafl
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks for all the replies. I am thinking now that I have narrowed it down to Poles and Holders v/s Flag Pole Buddy system. Each seem to have advantages and disadvantages.
Wilmington, NC

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Telepole alum flag pole I carry with me, push up section that has dual spring loaded locking pins at each joint. Holds 3 flags on my 30ft pole. A little pricey compared to the fiberglass poles of which I had one of that broke the first time I used it at Sturgis last year. I think they have 20, 25 and 30ft poles with mounts.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Definitely Poles and Holders. Their service is outstanding and they double check your order to see if you ordered it right. Great place.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
purchased our pole from harbor freight. works great.
would like to find a way to mount it in front of 5th wheel
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have a small flag with a pole about three feet long that we tie to the support for our RV front windshield. It goes up easily and comes down just as easy.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
We have a flagpole buddy. I attached the fittings on the driver front side of our motorhome, because I don't have a ladder on the back. Probably not the best way but its been fine for over three years now!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the best on the market for flag poles and mounts is Poles And Holders they are a family owned, father and daughter company.

They have been in business for more than 16 years making all their mounts in house, and have great customer service, fast shipping, and a very good warranty, if there is any problems just bring it by or call Corky, the owner, he will make it right.

Here in the west, on our windy beaches and deserts, you will see mostly their products. Their price is right for a quality, long lasting and durable flag pole and Mounts unlike flagpole buddy they offer many ways to mount your flag,not only on a ladder.I use the Folding Hitch Mount
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Flag Pole Buddy
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

db7512
Explorer
Explorer
Flag pole buddy is the one that I use. It attaches to the MH ladder.
2016 Newmar Ventana
2016 Ford Edge