cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What kind of Florida snake was this

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Caught this snake trying to eat some eggs from the guineas in the yard.Turned it into a 4 course dinner for the Eagle we have flying around. Pic has the 2 middle pieces in in the wrong spot.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
43 REPLIES 43

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
good job op, i would have used every round in my shotgun.

snakes need to be eradicated period. i don't care what kind

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
Who cares? Let the guy post a pic of a snake he chopped up. Geez. Snake comes in my yard looking like that and I'll feed him to the birds too.
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
PSA there are no poisonous snakes. There are lots of venomous ones, but no poisonous ones. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it was chopped into 4 pieces.Head was macheted off when he ate the first egg from the nest.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
Adam-12 wrote:
jetboater454 wrote:
. Watched it for a few minutes.... The one Eagle and 3 hawks had a nice dinner,so it went to good use.

Really? Where's the picture of the one eagle, dining along with THREE hawks? Now that would have been a spectacular photo.

They didn't all dine together,it was one at a time,each grabbed a piece and flew off. Been trying to get a pic of the eagle when it's around but it just flies by,and usually the Martins chase it off.

I'm a little confused. So you chopped it up and they came to dinner? It really doesn't look like the birds tore it up (looks like a axe).:h

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Adam-12 wrote:
jetboater454 wrote:
. Watched it for a few minutes.... The one Eagle and 3 hawks had a nice dinner,so it went to good use.

Really? Where's the picture of the one eagle, dining along with THREE hawks? Now that would have been a spectacular photo.

They didn't all dine together,it was one at a time,each grabbed a piece and flew off. Been trying to get a pic of the eagle when it's around but it just flies by,and usually the Martins chase it off.

MrWizard
i double checked and stand corrected about calif rattle snakes being a protected specis

and like we both said, it is a very painful bite
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

sele
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
In N.central FL.We have a lot of snakes in the yard,just never say one this big.It it wouldn't of been eating the eggs it would still be alive.
somehow i think there are a few that have missed the op's point he asked for indentifacation not to be judged as to right or wrong. He has already made his decision on what to do at that point based on the facts before him.
scott

TecheMan
Explorer
Explorer
Pine Snake
1997 24' coleman Sun Ridge Pop-up
1998 F-150 crewcab:E

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry guys. I'm with Jetboater. It's much safer to kill it, and then ask what kind. For you see. In my world. There are only 2 kinds of snakes. Dangerous snakes, and dead snakes. However. Dead snakes can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
After Mother and Grandmother told me I was supposed to be afraid of snakes I had a couple of encounters that scared the s----- or something out of me.
I was young and went into the Blackberry patch. I walked a little way and here comes a turtle, I think it was, racing across my foot. Wasn't slow at all. Then here comes a snake right over my foot, like it wasn't there, in hot pursuit apparently. I screamed bloody murder. Some time later I was in the back yard near the same patch. There were numerous Garter snakes hooping all over the yard. I mean there were a lot. Told Dad and he didn't believe me until a few minutes later he was looking out the kitchen window and saw them.
Seemed like every time I was in the field or woods I saw snakes so I got over them supposedly going to poison me. Not particularly fond of stepping over a Rattlesnake all coiled up though.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
rattle snakes are a protected species here in Calif

that said, i would not tolerate one on my step or in my garage

the young children, the elderly (and i'm getting there)and pets , are at the most risk
RS bites are very painful, but rarely deadly to a healthy adult
anybody from late teens to 45 , will usully survive a bite
but i wont take any chances at home
in the woods they usually go the other way, away from the noise i'm making

You will have to show me where the law states rattlers are a protect species in California; I don' think they are.

4 days after we moved to our new house, a rattler killed our German Shepard/ Chow mix dog. We were gone for about an hour. Found the dog on the back deck with it's front leg swelled up. Fang marks were 1 1/2" apart. Found the snake in a wood pile after I covered the pile with a tarp and tossed a smoke bomb under there. Hit it with the hoe when it poked it's head out.

My son stepped on one along the path from the house to the garage. It bit him. He was 12 years old and said it felt like someone had taken a baseball bat to his shin, it hit him so hard. He was rushed to the emergency room where tests show he was allergic to the anti venom. He spend a miserable week in the hospital. Thank God the snake did not inject all it's venom or else he probably wouldn't have survived.

My current dog was given an immunization shot for rattle snake bite last year. He swelled up. Seems he allergic to the immunization. It took 3 months for him to heal up from the open wound the shot caused.

We have lost several cats to rattlers, but since the cats were stupid enough to even bring them into the garage, I don't feel bad about them. Cats are my early warning for rattlers. They will bother them into rattling and giving away their location so I can whack them with the hoe!!
Snakes are almost always bad where people are. Even if not venomous, they carry enough bacteria in their mouths to cause serious infection. They are quiet, and don't run. They will bite if you get close and since you usually don't see or hear them, you won't stand a chance. Same with spiders. Nasty bastards and if they are dumb enough to be anywhere around where I'm living, they will be killed. I look at it this way; I'm helping their gene pool by killing off snakes too stupid to avoid humans by nature.

Adam-12
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:

Silverado 2500HD Duramax DIESEL/4x4/CC/Z71:W
31' Travel Trailer
2 Honda EU2000i's (parallel)
ICOM 7000
Random wire, dipoles, verticals
Hunting/Fishing gear
Welding/Fabricator
Life endowment member NRA
:B :B

Adam-12
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
rattle snakes are a protected species here in Calif

No, rattlers are NOT protected in cali. One can hunt rattlesnakes in California WITHOUT a fishing license. Reptiles and amphib collecting in cali requires a current California fishing license. Rattlesnakes DO NOT require a license. Also, "method of take" for rattlers in Cali is "any means."
Silverado 2500HD Duramax DIESEL/4x4/CC/Z71:W
31' Travel Trailer
2 Honda EU2000i's (parallel)
ICOM 7000
Random wire, dipoles, verticals
Hunting/Fishing gear
Welding/Fabricator
Life endowment member NRA
:B :B