cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What kind of RVer are you

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Not trying to say one is better just in answering a question my cousin asked today I started thinking about the main categories of RVers. I may have overlooked some and of course most people will fit into multiple categories. I have been all of the following types at one time or another. Right now I am a Snowbird more than anything else. Spending summers in the mountains and winters in the desert at a stick home.

Basically RV people are either:

Full timers with out a stick house.

Snow birds going from bad weather to good weather and frequently having a stick house somewhere.

Vacationers traveling for one or two vacation trips a year or going to a favorite place for recreational reasons on weekends.

Retirees seeing the country and traveling for months at a time at a leisurely pace stopping for days or weeks at they go along but returning to a home base for most of the year;

People living in one because it is the best economic choice for them.

AND ????
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat
71 REPLIES 71

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Road Runners wrote:
This is us....

Retirees seeing the country and traveling for months at a time at a leisurely pace stopping for days or weeks at they go along but returning to a home base for most of the year;

us as well. usually two 3-mos trips each year.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:

But our home is our life and the RV is just a nice thing to have and enjoy on occasion.

Well said....that be us too!:B
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Full time nearly 4 years, still and always will have a home to go back to.

"TRY" to stay in the warmer weather.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Use to be..........

"Vacationers traveling for one or two vacation trips a year or going to a favorite place for recreational reasons on weekends."

Then became.......

"Full timers with out a stick house."

And now are.......

"RVrs with a S&B"
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Full time. Starting on our 13th year soon. Hope the next year will be as great as the last 12.
We were snowbirds for 2 years. Found that going back to the sticks and bricks just boring.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
This will be us:

seeing the country and traveling for months at a time at a leisurely pace stopping for days or weeks at they go along but returning to a home base... at the end of a maximum of 2 years.

He is already retired and I just need some time off to clear my head and decide where and how I'll work for the next 10-20 years.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
5 months in our Winter Home in Yuma, 2 to 3 summer months along the Oregon, Wash Coast, 1 month at Lake Tahoe, and 2 or 3 months in our stick built House.
Life is good !!
samsontdog:o:W

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hybrid... retirees, recent full-timers without a stix and brix, and will be combining travel for sightseeing/exploring with travel to visit family in various parts of the country.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
None of the above!

We are retirees that enjoy having an RV so we can camp with friends and family, or get away for trips up to a month if we so want. But our home is our life and the RV is just a nice thing to have and enjoy on occasion.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Retirees not traveling or camping nearly as much as we expected because we're raising our grandsons.

Life happens. :E

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
We are weekenders with 2 one week long trips a year. As often as we can, it's Friday - Sunday to the lakes. But not all weekends, and not as often as we would like to go....
I am still working so we are grounded most of the time. Plus Camping Season is short here....

Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
This is us....

'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel