cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When and where to fill onboard propane

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
With our class B we have onboard propane instead of removable cylinders and need info on when and where to get it filled.

Can you get it filled no matter how much you have left, or does it need to be empty?

And... can the same gas station that fills our cylinders fill the onboard tank or does it take special equipment/knowledgeable people?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
17 REPLIES 17

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I like to let it get down a bit (half or less) but where.. Well that all depends on several things

Many RV parks offer Propane fill, around me about 3.00/gallon
In Flint, MI Parker's propane 1.36/gallon
In Tekonsha, MI (Home of Tekonsha Engineering) Carmichaels, don't knwo the price though. Do know how to get there (Kind of out in the sticks).

MOST Flying-J truck stops as well as a lot of others

Many gas stations also have propane

Even ACE hardware in some states.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Generally any place that fills cylinders can fill mounted tanks. You do not need to be empty to refill although you may get dirty looks if you pull in and the guy has to go out in the weather to pump 2 gallons into your rig.....

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your onboard tank is filled by the measured gallon, and can be filled at any time. Many cylinder refillers are equipped to refill your fixed tank, but not all. Many campgrounds, Flying J, U-Haul, Tractor Supply, RV dealers, etc., are equipped to fill your tank. If a campground does not fill tanks, they will be able to tell you where to get it filled in their area.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate