cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which one is really about camping?

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was just looking at "Newest" topics and saw these two, consecutively in the list:

Watt Hrs vs Amp Hrs

What are your campfire cooking essentials?

I had just finished reading and trying to understand the first topic and my head was hurting. Then I saw the next topic and my pain went away!

๐Ÿ™‚

Am I the only one who has this problem?

๐Ÿ™‚

OH, I forgot, I'm asking for a friend.

:S
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog
24 REPLIES 24

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
Crowe wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
"Am I the only one who has this problem?"

Yep.

Best response yet. Although I'll admit there are some things on here that frustrate me such as thread titles like "Need Help" or "Question". A little more info is definitely helpful! But easily resolved-I ignore them.

What about "Looking for best route", "Overnight", "Two nights required", or "Spaces available?"

These topic titles remind me of when I was a kid and I called my dad at work and asked to speak with "my dad".

I am original OP, and this was intended to be subtle humor. Therefore I nominate this post as the best, most humorous response!

Love it! ๐Ÿ˜„
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having been around this Forum for a good many years, I'm thankful that someone/anyone is posting of late.....the topic in this climate, really doesn't matter. If not for some off the wall posts, we'd be down to a quarter page of new topics instead of our dismal half page!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
valhalla360 wrote:
You do realize, it's not mandatory to read every thread.

Now you tell me! ;-}

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I greatly enjoy these technical discussions. Iโ€™m learning.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
I read forums for information and to learn things about all things related to RVing, camping or whatever you want to call it. But...the best are those that make me laugh. Several years ago I started a forum, "Mistakes we don't want to repeat!" Yikes, there were 51 responses and I laughed and couldn't believe some of the responses. It is still saved and if I knew how to repost it with the responses, I would do it. Sometimes we need to just admit we messed up, and laugh and sometimes it is good to laugh when someone else has beat us to a mistake that we were sure to make.
So are you the only one who has this problem...yep.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
That's what the "My Forums" is for.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
I was just looking at "Newest" topics and saw these two, consecutively in the list:

Watt Hrs vs Amp Hrs

What are your campfire cooking essentials?

I had just finished reading and trying to understand the first topic and my head was hurting. Then I saw the next topic and my pain went away!

๐Ÿ™‚

Am I the only one who has this problem?

๐Ÿ™‚

OH, I forgot, I'm asking for a friend.

:S

I never go to Newest Topics. I only go to sections I have interests in and pick which threads I want to read.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
If your definition of camping doesnโ€™t include electrical hookups and you want to hear nature vs a generator, then topic 1 may be of interest. If youโ€™re always plugged in or donโ€™t mind the drone of a generator, then topic 1 wonโ€™t fit within your definition of camping.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

dedmiston
Crowe wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
"Am I the only one who has this problem?"

Yep.

Best response yet. Although I'll admit there are some things on here that frustrate me such as thread titles like "Need Help" or "Question". A little more info is definitely helpful! But easily resolved-I ignore them.

What about "Looking for best route", "Overnight", "Two nights required", or "Spaces available?"

These topic titles remind me of when I was a kid and I called my dad at work and asked to speak with "my dad".

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Both threads are why I come here - for the breath (edit breadth) of information that's not available easily anywhere else, and to learn new ways for enjoying the forum! Thanks everyone, for all the smiles ๐Ÿ™‚
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
I read for entertainment and information about routes and campgrounds.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Both are about camping in the real sense of the word, one deals with real camping without hookups where those terms of the first post are critical, the second of course deals with real camp cooking, we enjoy both camping and glamping as we see fit. We have owned most of the classes of RVs at one time or another and always go to newest forums when I get a chance to take a break and spend a few minutes online.

Best thing is I get to read only the posts that I'm interested in, primarily technical and problem solving common RV issues, lifestyle, trip reports, and which brand truck or RV is best are rarely perused in the limited time my schedule allows. I can get those type of posts/articles by reading the new RV magazine from Good Sam, unfortunately this new version holds my attention about 10 minutes before it is in the trash.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
BarryG20 wrote:
"Lighten up Francis" is a line from a movie

Stripes, to be exact.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer