cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Two things that keep coming to mind in my camping years.

1. Why do they continue to put the outside shower on the back side of the camper? Most folks use it to wash off their feet. Then we have to walk back around to the other side to go inside and we get our wet feet dirty.

2. Who designs the waste tank setups? 42 gallons for black water? Really? But only 42 gallons of grey water? Not to mention our toy hauler holds 110 gallons of freshwater. Where do they think we use the other 26 gallons? Watering the grass?
27 REPLIES 27

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Many are saying that theirs is at the kitchen or bathroom, is this true for most? My shower is in the back between the 2 slides (could put a shower curtain up...). My kitchen and bathroom are on the front, door side of the trailer. My shower is actually above the electric connection. It is the only water that far back on that side
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
Our first one was on the street side and we never used it. Our current one is on the door side and we use it to wash off our feet after the beach before going in. I built a raised wooden platform that we can stand on while we rinse off.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:

1. Why do they continue.....

2. Who designs......

Where do they .....

Thread title = Why - - should be "Why, Who, Where"

Why not?...... but - WHO are "THEY"..:h

really?

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Dont use mine. Don't care where it is located....
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:

1. Why do they continue.....

2. Who designs......

Where do they .....

Thread title = Why - - should be "Why, Who, Where"

Why not?...... but - WHO are "THEY"..:h

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is in the convienence center. Using a chgeck valve in the line I hooked it up to the black tank spray system. While dumping I can just turn the outdoor shower and use hot water to rinse the tank.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Why did you buy an RV with the outdoor shower in the back, if the location that is important to you?

The outdoor showers are put in different places for different models; mine is on the street side, and I've seen many others with the shower on the door side. Typically it comes off the plumbing to the kitchen or a bathroom, so it will be on the outside wall in the location of one of those.

Seriously? No RV is perfect. But the vast majority of campers out there have the shower on the street side. I wish they'd all change it to closer to the door but I wouldn't not buy a camper because of this.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why did you buy an RV with the outdoor shower in the back, if the location that is important to you?

The outdoor showers are put in different places for different models; mine is on the street side, and I've seen many others with the shower on the door side. Typically it comes off the plumbing to the kitchen or a bathroom, so it will be on the outside wall in the location of one of those.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Though I call it "The Dog Shower" the purpose of that is to rinse the sewer hose and/or wash your hands after dealing with said hose/Stuff.

Thus it is exactly where it needs to be.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine outside shower is on the street side, Right where is should be. Keeps the mess on the neighbors side and they get to watch me shower with it while they eat! It's a win-win for everyone!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

APT
Explorer
Explorer
We use our outside shower on the back of my TT almost every trip For guys weekends when we ride ATVs and get dirty all day, we actually bath there, so a little more privacy than curb side. For family camping, we often rise the kids from beach, whole bodies or at least legs/feet there. When done, I carry to patio mat to dry off before entering TT. A bonus with our TT is we have a slide out rack to stand on instead of sometimes dirty ground.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
I never used mine until i bought our current motorhome and its in the wet bay. I use it to wash my hands. We 90 gal fresh, 70 grey and 50 black so they put some thought into this one, which is one reason we bought it.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours has no outside shower. Thank God! One less useless thing to winterize. Now if I got rid of the washer plumbing I'd have it made.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, lots of dirty feet...

We rarely use ours. It is in the back but that is not the issue, just no need. 2 years ago after tubing I was cold and the wife jumped in the shower so I used it to warm up some.

We leave our gray tank open so the size is not an issue and we never put water in the fresh tank. The dog gets spring water like us.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73