cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Widows continuing to RV by themselves

WRBD88
Explorer
Explorer
Has there been a topic on the forum about Widows continuing to RV by them selves, driving their own rigs etc?
Wilma

2003 Monaco Lapalma 34'6"
Workhorse
2006 Saturn SUV Toad
Just us,no kids, no pets
Husband Ret. LTC AF
16 REPLIES 16

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Am I glad That I read this . Last week my wife made me teach her how to hitch up , drive and back our RV . This week she wants me to teach her to load and fire a shotgun , that ain't gonna happen !

Roads_Less_Trav
Explorer II
Explorer II
In our travels we've met several widows who continued RVing after their husband passed... go for it!
2007 Hitchhiker II 34.5 RLTG Fifth Wheel
2007 Dodge RAM 3500 Long Bed / Single Rear Wheel
Traveling full-time in an RV and sailboat since 2007
Our full-time blog: http://roadslesstraveled.us
-Stories, photos, and lots of RVing tips!!

MarshaNichols
Explorer
Explorer
I am a single woman and joined RV Women...they are nationwide and have chapters in all states. I joined last year and felt very welcomed by all the ladies...widowed, divorced, single by choice. They have events every month with a national convention once a year in various areas. I highly suggest that you check them out! Good luck!! Marsha :B

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is a great blog of single woman RVer and volunteerier.

Travels with Emma
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck to you - you are young and have many years of great fun left!

PS My dad was also a Ret AF LTC
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N

jubymae
Explorer
Explorer
Safe travels Wilma! ๐Ÿ™‚
Deluxe Member
RIG: 24 foot Chateau by Thor
Natural habitat area: The evergreen state (WA) to The sunshine and palm trees state (CA)
Manager and navigator: Annie (12 year old Maltese dog)

WRBD88
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your posts...I am 72 with a 35'Monaco Lapalma and tow. I have done all the driving for years and in the past three did all the "other" stuff also. DH was 95 when he passed and not able to do or comprehend a lot of the stuff anymore. I am going to our place in Maine for the summer where we have a full hook up site on our property and then will decide if I will downsize. Once again thanks for the information...I will follow up on it. WRBD88
Wilma

2003 Monaco Lapalma 34'6"
Workhorse
2006 Saturn SUV Toad
Just us,no kids, no pets
Husband Ret. LTC AF

jubymae
Explorer
Explorer
I'm widowed, but still need the freedom to come and go with my own house on wheels. You just need to be aware of your surroundings, like anywhere else. Can't imagine sitting home or in one place because he's not here anymore. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Deluxe Member
RIG: 24 foot Chateau by Thor
Natural habitat area: The evergreen state (WA) to The sunshine and palm trees state (CA)
Manager and navigator: Annie (12 year old Maltese dog)

bertnspike
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a widow, but DH was not an RVer. I started after I became a widow.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
One single woman's post

Dunno if she's a widow.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not a widow - but would continue to RV if I was one. Besides the Open Roads Singles; there's also Meetup.com Go to their website, and enter an "interest" - and your zip code, and it will let you know if there are any groups near you.

I just spent last weekend camping/paddling with 27 other kayakers - we are all members of a local Meetup group; had a wonderful time!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

bigdaddogg1
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to try this site:

Open Roads Singles

It's a forum for singles, but the majority of the folks on it are widowed and divorced women. Very friendly and supportive of each other. They have get togethers all over the country all year.
"The only bad thing about being retired is you never get a day off"

2006 Sunnybrook 28RKFS 5th Wheel
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Diesel 6 speed auto

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot recall her name but I read of a widow that rv's full-time and writes articles of what she sees and does. Maybe someone can remember her name. I found her articles very good reading.

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Go get em ladies
Bob