cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this winter end...

Mr_Biggles
Explorer
Explorer
Woke up this morning to -19C and another blanket of snow. I have some planned maintenance on our trailer in two weeks, and it’s buried in a foot of snow. I’m itching to get started on this season’s preparations, and it’s way too cold. The joys of living in the prairies I guess...
2011 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73 Tow package
2013 Evergreen i-Go G239BH
32 REPLIES 32

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dude, you need to move out to the BC coast where it rains, rains and rains and then it rains some more, hahaha. Like today, which is another day of, wait for it, heavy rain...

I pulled the cover off our TT a couple of weeks ago and we're waiting for some warm and dry weather and who knows when it'll happen these days with climate change. 😞 We've always made the Easter weekend our first outing but decided this year we didn't want to be holed up inside the entire time. I'm not bothered with bad weather lately because I've been working non-stop on a project in the garage and need as much time on it as I can so am happy to wait until the good camping weather is here to stay. 🙂

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
We just got 9.5 inches of snow on Tuesday and forecasted to get another 3 tomorrow. This weather stinks.
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

Mr_Biggles
Explorer
Explorer
It’s presently-14C and we have a winter storm warming of another 10-15 cms of snow in effect for tonight. I probably won’t be dewinterizing next weekend! Hopefully I can tow the trailer to the dealer to get the repair work done.
2011 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73 Tow package
2013 Evergreen i-Go G239BH

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Rumor has it we suppose to finally have a warm up toward next weekend. I have a local camping trip planned for the 18th and it will be good to see it break the 50 degree mark. YEAH! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:
the only thing that real grinds me gears with winter lsting this long
it messes up my spring turkey hunting
and i dont like my turkey hunting getting messed with

Hey, those turkeys should be easier to bag with some snow on the ground. Dress warm and get after them!:B
NWS is saying for Sunday "snow-then snow", lol. I'm officially calling the opening of Spring next Wednesday it should be close to 50f.

actually i think its going to make it harder.
yes you can see them easier on the white snow,but they can also see you easier.plus the snow makes noise when your trying to sneak in on them and they have extremely good hearing(and eye sight).
not to mention,the winter like weather seems to be keeping them from getting in the mating mood. havent seen any strutting toms as of yet in my area.plus the toms havent been hanging out with the hens.still in their winter flocks.

but none of this will keep me from going after them. just going to have to treat it more like a fall hunt and try to figure out where and when they are going to be,then set up and wait to ambush them.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:

Hey, those turkeys should be easier to bag with some snow on the ground. Dress warm and get after them!:B
NWS is saying for Sunday "snow-then snow", lol. I'm officially calling the opening of Spring next Wednesday it should be close to 50f.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
We have been running 20 degrees F (give or take) lower than normal. 10" of new snow earlier this week and single digits to low teens F in the AM. Should be 34F in the AM and 55F for highs this time of year. More snow coming Sunday night. Getting sick of it!

One more year...then retirement and will not be around here in the Winter!
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
GAHHH! WTH? Schools are closed. People are heading home early to avoid commutes that will take 2-3x longer than usual. Everything is WHITE! I'm feeling the urge to dig my Christmas tree out of the basement. Camper is buried by boats and other summer toys in a shed that is completely inaccessible. WHY did I make camping reservations for 3 weeks from now?!?

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Been out a few times so far beginning in March (Michigan). We dry camp and hike the trails. Nice and quiet.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
Well we are ready for our first trip. Suppose to leave on Wednesday. Not going to happen. 11 inches of snow and ice coming tomorrow. This spring is setting like the winters of 1973 -1980. Late spring snow storms for 7 years in a row. There was talk about the next ice age starting. Oh well we can wait. If not this week then next week, or the week after.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain. Hope it gets better soon.

We made it back home from the Keys mid Feb. and I was hoping to not have to re-winterize. We got lucky, hasn't been below 30 degrees since we returned, Feb was warmer than normal and now I think Spring is really here to stay....78 degrees today.

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Will this winter end: YES
Will this coming summer be brutal: Most likely

Is Climate change a myth?????? I leave the answer to you but I know the truth for I have seen the evidence (I'm serious charts and graphs showing the average temps over the last thousand years or so.. Genuine Science. what they told me I wno't pass on)_

well at least tell us when the climate hasnt changed

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Will this winter end: YES
Will this coming summer be brutal: Most likely

Is Climate change a myth?????? I leave the answer to you but I know the truth for I have seen the evidence (I'm serious charts and graphs showing the average temps over the last thousand years or so.. Genuine Science. what they told me I wno't pass on)_
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times