cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windy day in Kansas

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Four semi's were blown over on I-70. All kinds of wildfires in the area as well.
11 REPLIES 11

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Clay L wrote:
We once spent two days right off I70 in Russell Kansas waiting for the winds to subside enough to continue on west. That was okay though - Merridy's Steak House is there and they have one of the best (and largest) rib eye steaks I have ever had. After that we always made sure to stop in Russell on our way east or west on I70 ๐Ÿ™‚
Similar situation was stuck in Seibert CO waiting for wind to subside, not much there.

No there isn't but the/a RV park in Seibert is the one we always stayed in on I70.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
CavemanCharlie wrote:
We had big winds in MN. We also had a tornado. This is the earliest tornado on record in our state.
Very unusual for MN. We had our warmest February on record in Kansas.

The wildfire has burnt 400,000 acres so far and one death in Kansas. Truck driver got caught in it and died from smoke inhalation. Four more have died in Oklahoma.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had big winds in MN. We also had a tornado. This is the earliest tornado on record in our state.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clay L wrote:
We once spent two days right off I70 in Russell Kansas waiting for the winds to subside enough to continue on west. That was okay though - Merridy's Steak House is there and they have one of the best (and largest) rib eye steaks I have ever had. After that we always made sure to stop in Russell on our way east or west on I70 ๐Ÿ™‚
Similar situation was stuck in Seibert CO waiting for wind to subside, not much there.

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

RPreeb
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 35,000 acre prairie wildfire that started yesterday and moved eastward driven by 60mph winds. The fire was about 4 miles north of town, no not a real threat here with the wind out of the west, but some farms have been destroyed, and it's still less than 50% contained with more high winds in the forecast today. Last I heard the fire was started by power lines blown down by the wind.
Rick
2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5 EB
2017 Jay Feather X213

CardinalCamper
Explorer
Explorer
We're in El Dorado KS. The wind has been blowing here since Friday.Had a tornado warning in sedan last night.At 7:00 am the winds are down and much cooler,weather guys are calling for another breezy day but not as bad as yesterday.
Charles & Dawn
2005 Cardinal 35 CKT LX
2000 F-250 PSD 7.3 4x4 Hypertech Power Programmer III, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Air Safe 25K Hitch,Yamaha 125cc Vino Scooter.

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Tornados, large hail and straight line winds here in the KC area and northern part of MO.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Looking at the weather on network news, I'm glad we're not in Olathe anymore!

sele
Explorer
Explorer
Your wind has arrived here in central illinois
scott

moses195
Explorer
Explorer
I am 15 miles north of Lake Havasu and it was really windy yesterday and some today.