cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wipes!!!

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
So, I had to do a very messy job today. Without providing details, or determining who the culprits were, all I can say is wipes, flushable wipes, baby wipes (scented and unscented), are the Devil's spawn. That is all.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
9 REPLIES 9

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
you CAN put a clean wipe in a container of water to see if it actually does decompose quickly or not to determine this.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
We never let anyone else use our RV toilet, but still have a prominent "Flush Toilet Paper only - no wipes!" sign over the toilet, just in case.

Hopefully no one takes it too literally and thinks that bodily waste shouldn't be flushed.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have some in the S&B that are specifically labeled "DO NOT FLUSH", but it is a very small warning.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every major city sewage system spends thousands or hundreds of thousands of $โ€™s clearing wipes and other items from their filter systems. We have a separate can for wipes.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

We built our "NEW" corporate offices 2 years back, everything was brand spanking new..... within 60 days of moving in, we had a MAJOR backup in the restrooms... ALL the toilets became clogged and the "sewage" started to back into each bathroom.... The culprit was a flushable wipe...

The plumber told me that MOST of their calls for blockages now are from those.. I cannot imagine how bad they would clog an RV system.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always remind guests that nothing goes in the toilet except what came out of you and the TP on the roll. Anything else goes in the trash. If it's too nasty to leave in the bathroom trash or if you're embarrassed by whatever it is, tie up the plastic grocery bag lining the trash can, put in a fresh bag, and dispose of it elsewhere. Nobody will know what's in it.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 apartments above my shop. The building was built in 72 and I never had a drain clogged up until 2 years ago. The culprit was the same,"flushable wipes". They should be banned.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Despite the claims, no wipes degrade enough to really qualify as flushable.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
When our granddaughter and then infant great granddaughter stayed with us in the motorhome a few years back, I posted a very obvious sign over the toilet that read "Do Not Flush Wipes - Dispose in Plastic Bag" as a reminder to our verbal instructions. I've never had to clear our own black tank, but I have done it for others. And was well paid for the job... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate