cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wiring a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid for towing

kidfriend54
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. We're at our wits end. My husband is trying to wire our car w a blue ox wiring harness BX8848. Instructions were referring to standard green (right turn/brake), yellow (left turn/brake), brown (tail light), white (ground) wires in one driver side loom of wires. But ford put in two looms, one on driver side, one on passenger side. Also wires are purple/grey (right turn/brake) and white/green (left turn/brake), and he hasn't isolated the tail light yet.

Does anybody have a diagram of the wiring on a 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid? We need to confirm the proper wiring. Thanks.
Joe and Jan
'04 Winnebago Jouney 32T
'03 Chev Tracker Toad/Blue Ox Aventa II
5 REPLIES 5

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

kidfriend54
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. Calling Blue Ox was useless. We have received good customer support in the past but they could have cared less that their directions for the wiring harness they sold us was wrong. We got paid $16.95 for a one year subscription to the Ford Repair Manual which gave us the wiring diagram. have the lights working. Thanks again. Now off on a grandkids trip for the next 10 days.
Joe and Jan
'04 Winnebago Jouney 32T
'03 Chev Tracker Toad/Blue Ox Aventa II

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:
Maybe Blie Ox can tell you.

Highly recommended.

BUT.....this might end up being a dangerous and expensive project.
I have two hybrid cars, one a Fusion, and would NEVER attempt anything like that because EVERYTHING in it is computer controlled.
Yes, even a simple brake light goes not to a relay contact but to a port on a computer board. One mis-step with the wiring could cost you thousands of bucks.

I think the only safe way to do this is to get some aux. magnetic (or other mount) multi-function tail/brake/stop lights and don't tap into the car AT ALL.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When I did our hyundai the wire colors were wrong and I just used a test light. Turn on the parking lights and find out which wire is hot.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe Blue Ox can tell you.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141