cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Workamping for Amazon, volunteer.gov, usajobs.gov etc.

Luckypenny
Explorer
Explorer
I have a general question for all you workampers out there. Have you ever had a workamping position anywhere contact your current employer? Please share your experiences. I am planning on going full time next Summer, but I have not yet told my current employer. It would definitely come back negatively on me if my employer were to find out about my plans early. And it would definitely decide where I'm planning on applying and when.

I'm looking at Amazon, volunteer.gov positions, beet harvest positions (obviously not applying yet), and possibly usajobs.gov positions (which I expect would contact my employer, since they are paid positions). Yellowstone jobs and mom-and-pop campground positions.

Also, if they do contact current employers, how do you fulltimers do it when you're hoping from (seasonal) job to job? A Volunteer resume?

Thanks for any information!
4 REPLIES 4

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
We have had rangers contact us for a reference checks. Some of those checks were for volunteer positions.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
some applications have the question "can we contact your current employer" and we usually didn't do it unless we were ready to make an offer. Perhaps you could contact Amazon HR and ask if they do and when and could they give you time to notify your employer?
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Only a paid position might contact previous employers. Volunteer jobs, naw.

X2
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only a paid position might contact previous employers. Volunteer jobs, naw.