cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you buy a RV without local dealer support?

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
There’s a few Holiday Rambler class A’s that I really like. Problem is I am from New England and I believe the closest dealer is in NJ. Maybe even further. I have no problem traveling to buy what I want. My concern is warranted work and other issues.

Would you buy a RV without local dealer support?

Edit: Those from the New England area am I wrong? Is there a Holiday Rambler dealer in our region?
For Sale:Twin Ultra Power HD 6 volt batteries in excellent condition. Very similar to Trojan T-105's. Located in MA. Email Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com
35 REPLIES 35

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
If the problem is drivetrain, It's a Ford. For appliances, it's on who made them, and for the box you do have a dealer in Upstate NY.
I would also suggest to reach out to HR and any owners you could to see how they were with allowing non dealers to make warranty repairs. They may have a couple of independents they work with in your area.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought new in Ohio while I was living in Florida. Never had a problem getting it worked on. Hard to not take a 31% off MSRP.

After warranty you need to find a competent repair house, which is a bit of a carp shoot.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
An RV is an RV is an RV. They are pretty much the same under the skin. As long as you get warranty work approval from the manufacturer, anyone can do the repairs.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bring it down to Major's on the Cape. They work on HRs all the time.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand your concern. What would you do if you are on the road and you need warranty assistance? If I can't repair my vehicles myself, (which I can) I would be looking for "network" support throughout my travel range rather than local support. But, I am regularly 1,000's of miles from home base.

Chum lee

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes. Did it. Bought an orphan. Builder went bust 4 months after my unit was built. That was 11 years ago. Done almost all repairs & mods myself RVs are mostly simple things & most problems turn out to be quite easy to deal with.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995