cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

would you pay $41 to enter a National Park?

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am calling BS on this story. Read it and the implication is that folks would be okay with an 80% increase in entrance fees if it ensured they would see a bear Article
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"
93 REPLIES 93

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
How much do you pay for a concert? Football/Baseball game? a museum/zoo? Disney? Movie night with the family? It seems folks are able to scrape enough money together for these types of activities. Our national parks are one of a kind. There's nothing else like them.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

MrWizard
I wouldn't like the higher fee to enter
But after driving all the way there...yes I would pay
We don't go for a day
We go for days Or weeks..
In the scheme of things..The extra increase would just be an irritation nothing more
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is nothing preventing Congress from ending the Pass System. They could declare all passes null and void with a single bill.

I have no guess as to the probability of them doing so, but it is well within their power.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, everyone thinks the Senior Pass will not be effected. Fair would be for everyone to pay the $41. And yes, I also have the Senior Pass.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Would I pay $NN to enter a national park. NO, I have a Senior pass, Free entry to most of those parks and half price to the rest.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
If it involves the federal government having a remote chance to increase a fee (tax), you know they're going to do it. Glad I'm old enough to use my Senior Pass at national facilities.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I would give $41.00 to get out of office,the Politicians that are privatizing America.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps a brief history recall is in store; In the late 1800' three individuals; Andrew Carnage, John Pierpont Morgan and John D Rockefeller and Cornelius Vanderbilt built huge industries in steel, investment banking, oil and railroads. There was very little control of their empires until Theodore Roosevelt became president after President William McKinley was assonated. William McKinley was pro big business but Roosevelt was not and started the anti-trust laws.

The reason for explaining the above is our Federal Government is now larger than all those companies combined and with all that unchecked power is able to create fees and regulations almost unchecked. Asking the public of their thoughts is mostly just a patronization of the people.

Park Fees will continue to rise to cover the additional cost of increased bureaucracy and expansion.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Jean S wrote:
Pogoil, I am with you. We'll get shot together. I see no reason why I am getting a Senior Pass while a young family with children have to pay. I am ready to pay my share so the average fee for everyone can be lower.

Hmmmmm...... thread started on August 3rd

Runs several pages to August 8th.

Jean S revives it more than - *three months later*, Nov. 25th

Kinda looks like beating a dead horse......errrrr - dead thread..:S

~

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing wildlife is a plus but not the major reason we go to our National Parks. Just the geography and scenery is almost enough.

Greydog_1
Explorer
Explorer
Shearwater wrote:
Five pages of responses to the results of a poorly written poll? No one is considering increasing the fees so why the upset?

Well, let's see, Crater lake NP plans to double fees and more to their park, 10.00 ticket to 25.00. Other fees increased also. Public comment welcomed, BLM plans to increase fees to their lands. Where fees didn't apply will now have fees attached. Fees already in existence on their lands will have increase, public comments were welcomed, Utah's Tooele and Rich County BLM wants to up all their fees to their parks, public comment taken , just to name a few. All for year 2015. Wonder how many others will join the parade of requests?

Shearwater
Explorer
Explorer
Five pages of responses to the results of a poorly written poll? No one is considering increasing the fees so why the upset?
Advanced RV Sprinter

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I plan on going once in life ONLY to these parks. they aren't all there is out there in the big old USA to see. yea I would pay more per car to wander thru.
then off to something else ๐Ÿ™‚

addisonl
Explorer
Explorer
I would pay it for some parks but probably not for others. Some of them, you just have to do and they know that. Lesser parks can't get away with it though.