cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

7happycampers
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
. . . after scratching and clawing your way up the corporate ladder for 30 years, you finally land that dream position.

Working part-time at Camping World, and getting that employee discount!

Now thats funny right there....I don't care who ya are LOLOL:B

Kevin & Crew
Kevin

Jenny Our Angel Remembering Jenny
Abbie (Rescued Treeing Walker Coonhound)
Guido (Rescued Italian Greyhound)Remembering Guido
Kendall (Rescued Border Collie)
Piper (Rescued Border Collie)
My dog isn't spoiled..........He just smells that way.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . after scratching and clawing your way up the corporate ladder for 30 years, you finally land that dream position.

Working part-time at Camping World, and getting that employee discount!

jimmyz989
Explorer
Explorer
Mom drivin a F250 SD??? Sounds hot to me!!!
Jim and Jill
2004 Itasca Sunova 30B 1 slide
Ford Triton V-10.
Purchased 11/07
Guard dogs Max and Maggie (12 and 16)
Go Gators!!!!!!

terrytrailertra
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
terrytrailertrash wrote:
...You are a mommy and you drive an F250 superduty as your mom mobile so you have something big enought to pull a fiver!!!

I like it. Now there's a mom with her priorities in order. Your kids probably think it's pretty cool, too. When I was a teenager, my mom drove a '69 El Camino SS. Bright red, mag wheels, black vinyl top, black tonneau cover. Cool.

What can I say...we moms do what we have to. I am surprised your mom didn't get marriage proposals from your friends LOL!!!
17 Keystone Sprinter
'17 Dodge Ram
DH, DD-15, DS-12, and Me (Mom)

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
terrytrailertrash wrote:
...You are a mommy and you drive an F250 superduty as your mom mobile so you have something big enought to pull a fiver!!!

I like it. Now there's a mom with her priorities in order. Your kids probably think it's pretty cool, too. When I was a teenager, my mom drove a '69 El Camino SS. Bright red, mag wheels, black vinyl top, black tonneau cover. Cool.

terrytrailertra
Explorer
Explorer
17 Keystone Sprinter
'17 Dodge Ram
DH, DD-15, DS-12, and Me (Mom)

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . if you've ever done anything like this:

Merry Christmas, ya'll!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
JulieT wrote:
ok, y'all, I passed the 'you might be a redneck if..' test and now I can relate to 90% of this thread. So I am a redneck and a RVer...does that make me a redneck RVer?

Deer Julia,

Cangratulaio ns on pasing yer teste. u're noww an ufishul mimber of the RnR club, that stand=ts four Rendeck "n RVer club, ef ya din't get it on yo ownd. you r sertificut and oficila beer mug shud arrife directky. It's a grate grup of fokes and we alll hva e a goode time capming.

yer fiend,

Al

southpennrailro
Explorer
Explorer
You have to turn the generator on to cut wood with the Saw Zaw.

JulieT
Explorer
Explorer
ok, y'all, I passed the 'you might be a redneck if..' test and now I can relate to 90% of this thread. So I am a redneck and a RVer...does that make me a redneck RVer?

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
...if you see a bumper sticker that says "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity" and you know who said it and what was happening at the time.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

FritoBandito
Explorer
Explorer
if
When people ask you how big your "camper" is (and it's a 40 footer):
And you tell them
"It rides 8 ..."
"It feeds 4 ...."
"It sleeps 2!"

knesdad
Explorer
Explorer
... you go shopping for clothes, just to keep them in the trailer.

... the indoor/outdoor thermometer for your house is missing from April to November.

... your kids can have candy, but you threaten them by staying home for the weekend.
Dave & Sue
Kiley & Emily
Izzie (Beagle/Bichon/Mini Poodle)
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
2012 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL -- Dutchmen Owners

Foretravel78
Explorer
Explorer
...you spend more time cleaning your coach than you do your house.

...your friends and family make fun of your driving because you drive your car like you drive a motorhome, wide corners, stopping long before the light or stop sign, parking at the far end of the shopping mall out of habit.

...you have more non-perishables in your coach than you do your house.

...whenever your looking for anything it's in the coach.

...your biggest concern when buying a house is will the coach fit.

...you "can't afford to get the paper delivered" but you get every issue or motorhome, trailer life and family motorcoach without fail every single month, not to mention the weekly deliveries from RVbookstore.com.

...no one even knows what you car looks like because everytime they see you your in your coach.

...you spend most of your time at home in one room of your 10 room house because you aren't used to more space that what your coach has.

...you take 3mins showers even though you have a 50 gallon water heater in your house.

...you actually shut off the water when shaving, brushing your teeth and doing dishes for fear of running out of water. Your
in your house.

...you get hives, get the shakes, break out in sweats when you see another RV on the road and yours has been parked idle in the driveway for no more than three days.

...you have a hard time shopping for just one home.

...you whip out your wallet full of pictures of your coach while others are showing pictures of thier children.

...you can't find anything in your house but you could find a needle in a hay stack in your coach in seconds.

...you have no idea how the tv works in your house, but asked about how the frig works in your coach your suddenly einstein.

...you have a hard time walking on a solid foundation.

...and at the end of the day, you just can't sleep well in that master suite in your house because the walls and ceiling aren't close enough to touch.

...those long hot summer nights just aren't the same in the house because your Air Conditioning isn't blaring down on you from less than five feet above your face.

...you have no idea what to do with all that counter space in your home kitchen.

blkfe
Explorer
Explorer
TomW2 wrote:
DanPen64078 wrote:
...now just how do you get them strings through those golf balls?

Get "solid core" golf balls or freeze the liquid core and/or the rubber band ones. A drill press helps.

If you know how to drills holes in a liquid core golf ball.........