cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Wish List for RV Manufacturers

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haven't done of one these in awhile and since the makers have started planning their 2016 models, here's an opportunity.

What would you like to see included as options/standards in the 2016 RV model lines?
Here are the categories:

Chassis/Engine/Mechanical

Plumbing/Electrical

Safety

Storage

Floorplans
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
45 REPLIES 45

dvmweb
Explorer
Explorer
That things just work like they're supposed to and known issues or recalled parts are fixed before you buy the unit. Nothing fancy.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like the slide leaked.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I just posted this in the Class A forum: if closets/drawers are put in a slide there's a very good possibility of mildew. Slides are very cold and keeping a closet door closed or drawers, there's no air circulation. We looked at a 5th wheel years ago that had the closet and drawers in the slide. We opened them and could smell the mustiness immediately and there was black mold in the corners.

As far as walking space around the bed - we've not had that issue.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Jean_S
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes, every rv wife I know complains about the bed-in-the-slide thing and the skinny aisles. Even the really big rig girls have issues with it. I am not sure why it would be more expensive to put the wardrobe in the slide, but maybe I just don't know enough about design. We buy what we buy because there's nothing else out there (except that lovely Winnebago Journey).

Chris, everything is standard measures, already. No need to change that. There's going to be some couch or cabinet they can use to give us decent bed clearance.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
A few thoughts-
Design... design the thing to be assembly line built, with parts ready to install, and not cut to fit. *Every* part should be ready to install, down to interior panels cut out on cnc routers. Wiring should be premade harnesses, plumbing parts pre cut and ready to install. LP lines should be modern thermoplastic. LP and fresh water lines should be "star" runs with no fittings other than manifold and fixture.

As each unit runs down the line, each appliance should be noted (by bar code), at the end of the line a USB stick is produced with manuals, model and serial numbers, along with pre-produced relevant videos. A copy of this should be stored by the OEM, as well, so it can be retrieved from the "cloud" at a later date.
-- Chris Bryant

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Veebyes wrote:

That is about the size of it. Everyone wants 5 star product at 2 star prices. I doesn't work that way.

Many of these ideas would cost less to include and would improve function for the owners. Instead of business as usual and complaining when sales die off thus taking a profit hit from liquidations, it's time the manufacturers listen to the experienced consumers who buy RVs. Hence the reason for this thread. Phoenix Cruiser is one such company that incorporates these ideas and they don't charge massive quantities for the improvements. Their coaches are better built as a result.

Any more ideas out there from those who want to be a part of the solution?

Magnus

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:
Every single thing on all your wish lists is out there already. You just need time and money to find them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Some manufacturers will build to suit just YOU. Of course, it won't be what you want to pay.

That is about the size of it. Everyone wants 5 star product at 2 star prices. I doesn't work that way.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great ideas: keep them rolling. Manufacturers do pay attention to this forum and do want to stay in business, e.g. the hot water on demand water heaters have started to appear as affordable options in new and less expensive RVs.

It does pay to listen to the customers.

Magnus

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Every single thing on all your wish lists is out there already. You just need time and money to find them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Some manufacturers will build to suit just YOU. Of course, it won't be what you want to pay.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
All I know is I want to me the guy that decided on some models it was ok to place the the furnace and generator/i.e exhaust fumes, hot vent and hot exhaust pipe on the side under the awning where your entire family gathers. :R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
One that doesn't leak.

:B
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

pegdiver
Explorer
Explorer
Make one with the layout I have now - a 32T 1999 Adventurer by Winnebago - no slides - short queen bed, recliner, dinette that seats 4, nice hanging shirt closets, good nightstands, Wardrobe that is in the middle and accessible from front or bedroom. We have windows that open and give us ventilation and a cross breeze!
It could have better roof sealing - we used Eterna Bond (sp?) that solved that problem. Don't need a tub - a shower is fine and easier to get into. A 'high' toilet for us older folks. Less rugs near the door (newer ones seem to have this). Don't need a bath and a half - how much time do you think I spend in there? I like our skylight in the tub - and I can close the bathroom door if there is too much light coming in. Why do they still put showers IN the bedroom? More places to hang wet towels after a shower. Lots of storage because we live in 32 feet for months at a time. Could use some more kitchen counter space but can use the table since it is right across from the sink. NO step-up for dinette - this is a hazard for me. More electric outlets for charging and recharging all the 'stuff' we have. Our cabinets and drawers have good latches - most of the new ones don't seem to stay closed. Like our light wood inside. We have a greenish rug and upholstery and it is cheerful, not like the browns and tans I see. A white roof to reflect the sun - who needs a black roof?
Sometimes simple is better. (Have owned it since new...)
2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with 2012 Jeep Liberty toad.
Old - 1999 32' Adventurer (no slides) with Grand Vitara toad (105,000 miles!)
Pride 3 wheel mobility scooter
Only 3 states to go in the USA, Camped in most of Canada and 4 states in Mexico too!

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
To build travel trailers as good as the Sunline's were.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Start making RV interiors with fabric designs that do NOT look like the 70's.

Excellent observation!

And another -

The list/poll is meaningless cannon fodder.

Mail it to Santee Paws - at the East Pole..:W

~