cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Wish List for RV Manufacturers

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haven't done of one these in awhile and since the makers have started planning their 2016 models, here's an opportunity.

What would you like to see included as options/standards in the 2016 RV model lines?
Here are the categories:

Chassis/Engine/Mechanical

Plumbing/Electrical

Safety

Storage

Floorplans
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
45 REPLIES 45

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Solar and inverter prep, could be a simple as a conduit in proper place for each.

Battery chargers which work well when running off a generator.

Inverter-type generators.

Yes, better leak prevention would be great. Starting with simple things like silicone gaskets under screw heads.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
More 12v outlets.

They advertise their models as 'ready for off-grid' and 'fully self contained' 'ready for boondocking'. Yet every outlet is 120 and scarcely any 12v, and those are in inconvenient locations.

When boondocking I do not want to fire up a generator every time I need to recharge something.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
30-32ft gas MH with 100 gals FW, full basement storage with at least 2 pass tru compartments, hung wall construction or thermoplastic adhesive to eliminate delaminations, evenly distributed wt(each tire carrying the same wt) or suspension mods track bars etc that provides good ride quality, one full wall slide or 2 large slides on drivers side, HP to wt ratio of .02 or higher, max torque 2000 rpm, larger eng/trans cooling systems, 2000 lb CCC or higher,refer in non side area, better air flow inside with jalousie windows type windows that can be left open in rain, better insulation in wall,roof,floors,and dog house areas, price new should be $100 k or less. No need for out door TVs or indoor fireplaces just a good basic practical MH that options can be added to. The technology for this MH has all been developed before it just has to be integrated into one MH.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
More windows at the main awning area

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Along with their line of ultra-lite trailers, I would like them to include a line of heavier units that actually work like they should.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use quality materials in the build.
Hire new decorators! The fabric choices used are hideous.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
If they can put in king size beds why can't they put in a queen with large bed stand on each side?

If I am going to upgrade from 34 to 40 ft I want that extra space to be an office not another bathroom. I can't see 2 old retired people dragging around 2 bathrooms and having to use the dining table for their computers and paying bills.

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
1- Real night stands on each side of the bed. Big enough for a book, a box of tissues, clock, my glasses and room for the C-Pap machine with outlets. The minute they put the bed in the slide the nightstands seem to disappear.
2- Steps with standard riser heights of 7-8" not the 10-12" many seem to have. There is often room so please put in the step. Both inside and entry way.
3- A unit made for larger sized people. I'll pay extra for the comfort. A comfy master bath with a reinforced shower floor, room to actually walk around the bed and thicker floors.
4- Reduced maintenance design so I can enjoy it without worrying about caulk seems and leaking seals. Not having to replace a piece of floor because we got caught driving in the rain. Able to service/winterize without having to empty bays and remove a wall to get to water pump or bypass valves. (yes, I'll know to look before I buy the next rig)
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
One that doesn't leak.

X2

With todays materials you would think someone cleaver enough would come up with a new design...

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
Usable nightstands next to the bed with available AC outlets
TV sets mounted where you can actually see them straight on from comfy seats
Easily accessible cable ducts from front to rear of the rig - just in case
No "step up" into rear bedrooms or baths
No Norcold refrigerators, ever . .
Black and gray tanks that'll last for a full week.

And for a real wish - zero-gravity storage bays - more stuff, less weight. ๐Ÿ™‚

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
City water shut off value near kitchen sink. Won't have to go back out side to turn the water back on because I forgot. Climate thermoset controller next to the bed night stand. I can turn the furnaces on before climbing out of the bed.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
One that doesn't leak.
-- Chris Bryant

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Floorplans; front kitchens. Now most are front bedroom.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's mine:

1) 31-33ft long gas motorhome
2) 50-60 gallon grey tank, 40 gallon black
3) No Slides
4) The only thing (as an option) poking through the roof: AC, plumbing vents, OTA antenna, fridge vent. No skylights, no vents other than bathroom.
5) Full basement storage, not the silly cubby holes
6) Split shower/toilet
7) Twin beds
๐Ÿ˜Ž Quick access to low point drains to allow for easier winterization.

On edit, bright ground level floodlights to assist in backing into a campsite after dark.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Start making RV interiors with fabric designs that do NOT look like the 70's.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.