cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

beach campground recommendations in Alabama and Florida

hapiour
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you like to camp when you go to the beach? Looking for something that is close to the beach. Don't mind walking to the beach but would prefer to be as close as possible. I do enjoy sitting and watching the waves roll in! If you have pictures of the area... even better!!

Thanks in advance!!!!
Just the 2 of us!
Looking for something new ??
2014 Keystone Outback Terrain 273TRL (sold)
2013 Nissan Armada SL
2006 Jayco Jayfeather 29Y (Traded but loved for 7 years!)
2004 Ford Expedition XL (Traded but loved for 8 years!)
Ready to hit the road!!
18 REPLIES 18

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
These are all excellent:

Henderson Beach SP in Destin
Topsail Hill Preserve SP in Santa Rosa Beach
Grayton Beach SP in Santa Rosa Beach
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
We try to only use state parks and in Florida, we've stayed at Gamble Rogers and Anastasia state parks. Gamble Rogers isn't much of a campground itself, but it's really close to the beach. Anastasia is in St. Augustine and you can ride your bikes on the beach. I would go back to both again.

Gamble Rogers. Standing on the 5th wheel roof. I'm looking for Anastasia photos.

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
Top Sail in Destin has a shuttle that will take you to the beach. We were there this past summer and it was great. It was almost like being at a private beach because only the RV'ers were using it.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I want to go to Camp Gulf or Red Coconut in Florida. Both have beach front sites that are literally on the sand.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page