cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground Report: Juniper, Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer

Surrounded by the magic that is Theodore Roosevelt National Park, I stayed 2 nights at the Juniper campground in the North Unit of park after having stayed a few nights at the Cottonwood campground in the South Unit . Iโ€™ve also a written a Travel Report about the park.

The campground was very quiet when I was there. It was largely empty. There were times when the only audible sounds consisted of crickets, the rustling of the cottonwood leaves and the clump-clomp of my footsteps as I walked. One night and the following morning I heard a pack of coyotes howling and yipping wildly nearby.

Full report on my blog RussOnTheRoad
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
3 REPLIES 3

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Juniper is a great little campground for sure!
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
Rocky2 wrote:
I camped there during the 30 year anniversary of the park formation. The ranger brought in a sheet cake to celebrate with all the visitors in the vistor center. The cake was not all gone by the end of the day. In the campground, there was us and the camp host. This is a great national park!

I wonder if there is still some leftover cake. I like cake ๐Ÿ˜‰
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
I camped there during the 30 year anniversary of the park formation. The ranger brought in a sheet cake to celebrate with all the visitors in the vistor center. The cake was not all gone by the end of the day. In the campground, there was us and the camp host. This is a great national park!