cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping with a baby

RobFusili
Explorer
Explorer
We're considering a 5-day trip with our 1-year old somewhere near our home,San Diego, CA but at some moments it seems like mission impossible to me! Please share your experiences and advice!
24 REPLIES 24

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ this is true. daughter cries when camper goes into storage and bugs me to bring it home as soon as the snow starts melting. worth every one of the way too many dollars I spend on it for the memories I make with them.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We took at 1600 mile trip with our 16 month old granddaughter last month. She loved it. Took her high chair, she slept in our king size bed with us, several of her favorite toys and we were good to go. She had more fun exploring outside and seeing her great aunts and uncles than palying with her toys. Start them early so the love of camping gets in their blood.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
daughters first trip was at 4 months (winter baby) and son went at 7 weeks. A baby needs the same things camping as at home, bring what's required and no problem. We has a smaller packNplay for the camper that fit in the isle. Expect travel to take longer as they will need to stop more often. Make sure they are eating and drinking as they should and enjoy
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter's first camping trip was when she was barely a month old. We were tent camping then. All seemed fine then. Of course now, my rule is I like all kids as long as they belong to someone else, are quiet, and stay at least 50 feet away from me.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Little kids have been camping in my family for generations. They become more durable by about 6 months and you can take them everywhere.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
My girls started camping at 6 weeks. They are now in their 50's and are still actively camping. Have fun and keep them safe.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our daughter was less than a year old camping in our old TC. It was great! Bathed her in sink.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
We brought along a large section of extra carpet to put down outside to have a soft and safe place to play.
First camp was at 5 months old. Like any day... don't expect to accomplish too much. Just have fun.

our kids were tossed in the pack and play at the age of 6 months and off camping/RV'ing we went....

OK,, settle down you all... we didn't actually toss them in :B

It is as easy as you make it,.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
It will be easy. Same as in a permanent home, except you will get to see them be amazed at a blade of grass, or a big, or even maybe a bird flying by.