cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Reunion ideas around Paducah, KY

cbwallace
Explorer
Explorer
The last several years my cousin's and I have met up for a family reunion camping weekend. As we have spread out further it is getting harder to find a place which is not too far of a drive for any of us. We span mid-Iowa to NE Georgia. Thinking something around Paducah, KY would be good. Any one know of any campgrounds in that area with family fun activities? Cabins would be good too. We have done water parks, amusement parks and even one with a quarry for swimming and a small river for rafting and kayaking. Kids range from toddlers to young adults. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Chris, Barb, two girls, a Yellow Lab and a Sammoyed
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4X4
B&W Turnover Ball w/Anderson Ultimate Hitch
2019 Grand Design Reflection 31MB
2007 Crownline 252 EX
Kayaks, Quads, Bikes and anything else we can drag along!
7 REPLIES 7

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Busdriver wrote:
The horse park is about 300 miles from Paducah

Actually, they are 255 miles apart. However, with family members coming as far away as Iowa, perhaps a location with great things to do for all ages and interests may make a more memorable family reunion and while the different location may make for more driving for some, maybe others will benefit from driving less.

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
The horse park is about 300 miles from Paducah

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Horse Park.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Lexington, KY has a great campground at the Horse Park and there is lots to do around Lexington. Just Google it.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say they have any activities as we only pulled in for an overnight however I promised myself if I ever need a place to stop near here again it would definitely be here.
Duck Creek RV Park
Very reasonable priced and they probably have the best swimming pool I have ever seen in a RV park and we didn't even use it.
They also gave us a male and female rubber ducks. We put those ducks on the dashboard where they rode with us for 10,000 miles before someone reached into our truck and took one of them.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
LBL
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.