cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hotels with camper amenities

Mrsroy
Explorer
Explorer
Just spoke with a friend and she heard that there were hotels on the way to Florida that had slabs for camping. The slabs are located behind the hotel and they have full hook ups and the rate is something like $45 a day. Anyone know the name of such hotel chain?
12 REPLIES 12

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know of three in eastern Oklahoma, two in Arkansas delta country and have seen at least one along highway 9 in eastern Texas and one in eastern Kansas. Whether or not that is on the way to Florida depends on where you are coming from, my route to Florida takes me through SE Oklahoma, across Arkansas, and through the Mississippi Delta.

These are all small locally-owned motels, not part of any chain, and what they typically have in common is a local need to house a seasonal work force. Some workers stay in the motel, others bring there homes with them. It is also common in these areas for municipalities to operate low cost RV-only campgrounds to meet the same need. These will be busy in season, empty off-season.

Most lower-end motels that have work-crew clientele will also allow you to rent a room for the night, and have parking for your RV, but not for you to stay in it.

You might also find "overnighter" RV hookups or small RV parks behind gas stations, depending on where you are in the country.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

JOMO
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in one just off I95 in St. George South Carolina. It was at the back of the motel with it's own pool, easy stop over.

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of one on the way to Florida but we did stay at the Northpole Campground near Lake Placid, NY which had a campground and motel.
I think South of the Border has motel and campground.
See you on the road!

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
At $45/night I'm not sure what the point is? Outside of a few of the resorts, thats a pretty nice campground
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Some motels in Newfoundland and Labrador had RV hookups and a room with showers set aside for campers use. I haven't seen this in the US. lizzie

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I plan our stops as I know how far Im going to go in a day. I dont unhitch we stop and eat on the way in, then stop for the night or cook something up when we are in CG. We do travel with a woodalls and have changed CG's along the way if we are crusin. I like to get off the highway a little bit and have been successful thus far and have yet to stay in a hotel as I have my own personal hotel room attached to the TV.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

SLSAntigua
Explorer
Explorer
On our trip from PA to Disney in 2008 We stopped at a Ramada Inn in Florence SC right off I95. We discovered after check-in that there was a Campground called Swamp Fox campground directly behind the Ramada. Since we hit a lot of traffic on the way down, took us over 12 hours just to get there, we decided not to unhook and set up. Figured in the morning we could just eat and leave. On the return trip we stopped at a KOA. If I were to travel this route again, I would stop at South of the Border and Camp there.
Steve, DW, 2 DDs
2006 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO
2011 Chevy Silverado LT
Primus Brake, Reese WDH and sway control

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We use www.woodalls.com to locate campgrounds. Then we check www.rvparkreviews.com where the city the campground is located. There are many campgrounds off I-75, fewer on I-10. If you could give us your expected route, we can assist more. You can definitely find RV parks cheaper than $45 per night in off season. If you are also renting a room at a motel for family members who travel with you, sometimes they will allow you to park your RV in their parking lot if they have room. Look for motels that say semi truck parking. No hookups but convenient.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Never seen one down here.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at two such places none of which are on the way to FL.

One is in Childress, TX and the other is west of Memphis on I-40.

So yes there are such places in the US. ๐Ÿ™‚

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Urban legend that was on here before and never confirmed.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not familiar with the motels of which you speak. However, you should be able to find open campgrounds when traveling in season. The US Campgrounds website is a good source for parks that are much cheaper than $45/nite. Travel safe.
RVn Full-time