RVing with Pets
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Boondocking pet dangers

When folks camp out west in dispersed areas or primitive campsites what are the realities of interactions with things like poisonous snakes and insects when walking the dog. Do you ever let the dog off leash. We have a very well trained and behaved...

Securing dogs at campsite plus flea & tic control

Hi everyone, I'm looking for recommendations on how best to secure (tie out) two Siberian Huskies at a campsite. I just recently added a second rescued Husky to our pack and I'm trying to figure the best way to tie them up so they don't get tangled t...

Explosion next to vet office

This is terrible... the parents of my vet lived next to the vet clinic. Momma passed a few years ago, but dad still lived there. This morning, 2 minutes after their dad left the house, the house exploded. Someone was looking over them - no vet cl...

raindove by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

chock full 'o ticks!

We camped for the first time this year up at our property in Northern WI. We hadn't been up since last year, so DH mowed the lawn, and the boys and I waited while he did so.I had applied a new dose of Advantix for the weim and the cavalier got Front...

Dr Doug Question

does the new product Sentenil kill ticks, as well as fleas, and all the worms?Do you recommend?Thanks

Dog pooping in crate

Good evening. I am going to post this tonight and then go to bed. I will check the answers tomorrow. Thanks in advance.We got our dog from the Humane Society in Kerrville, Texas last year this time. She was a four year old Shih Tzu. When we got ...

daverich by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Use Astro Turf????????????

My little male Shih Tzu has destroyed my lawn by pawing it up every time he goes. The lawn has several holes in it and patches of what was once a beautiful lawn are now bare.Here's the questions. Has anyone else out there had this problem?? Did yo...

SGTJOE by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Big Dog - Small Trailer

Looking for suggestions and I think I can make this work.Several years ago, we had an old 31 foot class A motorhome and loved being on the road with it. At the time, we had a rottie who loved going with us. Now,she is no longer with us, but we have ...

I'm so happy

We had to put our English Setter down a year and a half ago. She was the bestdog a person could want. A couple of weeks ago my wife was looking at Engish Setter puppies at petfinders.com. I didn't want thr burdon of housebreaking a puppy so we sea...

Our new pup

After Brandy passed in January, 1 week after her 16th, we started looking for a new puppy. We tried a wonderful Golden rescue here in MN. RAGOM has many goldens, but we really wanted a puppy. Our kids have never had a puppy...Brandy was born before t...

A way to carry your fence

I got tired of lifting up two X-Pens into the back of the camper and tying them down - not to mention having to trip over them if we stop on the road.I put a front hitch receiver on the front of the truck and got a bike carrier. Removed the tiedowns ...

A very bad day

.... No easy way to say it. I lost Bonka-bunny Thursday evening. "Lost" is a euphemism. Ziggy went into the cat room while I was taking the trash to the dumpsters and... she was alive when I came back in, but not for long. Spent the last two days ...