Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hero cat saves boy from dog attack

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
HERO CAT!!

This is really amazing as a cat saves a boy from a brutal dog attack. This is a little hairy but ends happy and incredible!
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!
32 REPLIES 32

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
chele wrote:
Great cat! Looked to me like Mom was right there, kiddo heading toward her dragging his trike. That dog needs put down without a doubt. Kid wasn't doing anything wring, couldn't have been perceived as any kind of threat. I'm so glad the kid is OK.
I have such mixed feelings about this video. Glad the kid is okay -- though probably will be afraid of dogs from now on. LOVE that the cat protected him. But I wonder......WHY did that dog attack? I had a dog (doxy) that kept trying to attack a neighbor's kid. Every time that dog saw a child about the same height and coloring, she'd try to attack. I eventually had to put the dog down. I found out later (too late :() that the neighbor kid would kick and hurt the dog when no one was around. Why the other neighbors didn't tell me, I'll never know. I had small children and the doxy never hurt any other children except the one (and his look-alikes)...... so, in this case......had the child done something to the dog? Yes, the dog needed to be put down.....but was it just an evil dog or did something precipitate the dog's actions?
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

chele
Explorer
Explorer
Great cat! Looked to me like Mom was right there, kiddo heading toward her dragging his trike. That dog needs put down without a doubt. Kid wasn't doing anything wring, couldn't have been perceived as any kind of threat. I'm so glad the kid is OK.
2008 GMC 3500HD Duramax, Allison and fiver friendly flatbed!
1995 26' Excel Legacy

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw a Today Show interview with the parents. Mom holding the boy (slept through the interview) and Dad holding Hero Kitty named Tara (fairly mellow as cats go, but eventually got bored and left.)

They showed photos of the wounds, later stitched up. Pretty nasty, inflicted in just a second. Looked like it sure would have been so much worse without the cat's fast actions. Mom was nearby and it happened very Suddenly. Dad wasn't there, later put the video together from neighborhood security cameras, trying to piece together what happened.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
dave17352 wrote:
HERO CAT!!

This is really amazing as a cat saves a boy from a brutal dog attack. This is a little hairy but ends happy and incredible!

a lot better than the short TV version.
bumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
McZippie wrote:
mike-uswest wrote:
Who filmed this, and why didn't they try to help? Also, why did the mother leave with the child still out there?

Mike

Why are there 3 different cameras or 3 camera angles used during the video?

I believe Old Biscuit answered the question. It's a home surveillance system.
They took the video from different cameras and combined them to show the whole story.

I think mom was looking for the dog.

McZippie
Explorer
Explorer
mike-uswest wrote:
Who filmed this, and why didn't they try to help? Also, why did the mother leave with the child still out there?

Mike

Why are there 3 different cameras or 3 camera angles used during the video?

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a black cat, before we moved here. He though he was the big guy on the block. He was all muscle. He liked to flex his claws when you held him. He loved us. Great cat. He ran several dogs out of the yard.
Miss him. Garfield is pretty tough too but alas we haven't seen him for two weeks. I fear he has adopted our neighbor's barn. Wish he'd come back up here. He loves to talk to you. Cam close to figuring out some of what he says. I love it when he curls up in my lap when I'm down and he purrs and licks my hands or neck.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:
I'd give that cat a very, very special meal, let it sleep on my pillow, and treat it as a god. . . oh wait, it's a cat. . . never mind.

We do that here and as far as I know, our 18 yr old cat Edna has never saved anybody's life. :E Oh, well, too late now to change her habits.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I'd give that cat a very, very special meal, let it sleep on my pillow, and treat it as a god. . . oh wait, it's a cat. . . never mind.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Good kitty.

Cats do not have the same social structure as dogs do, and humans often mistake that for them being unsociable or uninterested in others. This is a misconception.

My cat got between myself and our family dog (a chi/terrier mix) and a dog rushing us on the street when I was a little kid. Much like this situation, her rage at her family being threatened made short work of the dog.
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

TOOBOLD
Explorer
Explorer
This happened here in my hometown! It was the neighbor's dog and she was the one who called 911. The dog is in quarantine and will be put down after the quarantine. Thank goodness the cat was around because the way that dog attacked I think this kiddo would have been seriously hurt. His injuries are bad enough.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
According to the news report we saw, the dog was a lab/chow mix and has been put down. A longer version of the surveillance tape shows a person running to intervene. That's one incredible cat.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
mike-uswest wrote:

Mike

Just my own observation.....
Home owners Surveillance cameras
Mom ran towards front of vehicle most likely cause dog was sneaking back around that way for another attack.

Hooray for that CAT.

I'd buy it a case of albacore and a toy dog to kick around the house.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

generaljean
Explorer
Explorer
It's a dog! not a Coyote.