Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 2 cats

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a sad time at our house.

We've lost our 2- 1yo female kitties. They just never came home since last Saturday. It may be an owl, coyotes, or they're caught in someone's garage. We just don't have any idea. I've walked the neighborhood every day until I'm exhausted but have yet to find any signs of anything. The neighbors are real cooperative in checking their garages for us.

It's so odd to lose both at the same time. Hope is dwindling but I'm not giving up yet. They are not chipped. 😞
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
40 REPLIES 40

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
They are still gone. It's not looking good, but we still leave the garage door open a crack for them.

We are slowly moving on from this, but it's been real hard. Thanks to all for the support.

Please, if you get new cats, and I hope you will as this is kitten season and the Rescues and shelters are full, keep them indoors-only from day one.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are still gone. It's not looking good, but we still leave the garage door open a crack for them.

We are slowly moving on from this, but it's been real hard. Thanks to all for the support.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
I shared this in Idaho....hope you find them!!!!!
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Code2High wrote:
Facebook has ended up bringing a lot of animals home, so that's not a bad idea either.
Do I do something like placing an ad, or..?

Also put it in the Pet Section of Craigslist (for your state and town) which is free and read by Rescues and others out to help people with their cats and dogs. The Pet section isn't only pets for adoption. People who find pets also put ads there.

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Maybe someone reading this who is letting their cat out in a rural area will think twice about doing that. It's about the only good I can think of right now.

I live in a rural area and there are as many dangers here for cats as there are in cities and towns. Not only from predators but from mentally unbalanced human sadists as well. Very few outdoor cats survive here for long. Also, internal and external parasites are guaranteed. One young kitty we found in Seven Points CG near Nashville was literally covered in ticks. She was turned over to a Rescue with a donation for her care.

Sadly, almost every week when we drive to town we see one or more dead cats along with the usual run over racoons, possums and box turtles. We picked up one kitten that was run over and left to die near the airport in Smyrna, but my vet couldn't save her. 😞

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Those are some beautiful little kitties, so sorry. That's the very worst, the not knowing. Lots of us have been there.

Susan, very good of you to help like that. I sure hope they're found.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Happy to help. If you link to it on FB I'll share it and probably others will as well. Can't hurt, might help.

The other day I shared a thing for a missing dog in the UK and a friend here in CA answered up and said "Oh, they found her!" I don't even know how she knew, but word gets around fast on FB.
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice.. thanks. It's much appreciated.

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
No useful info on settings adjustments yet. But here's a different version...

susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to ask someone how to fix that. In the meantime, be sure your general fb settings allow anyone to message you or friend you. That way if they can't comment on the thread, at least if they know something they can message you.
susan

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
It is, but it isn't allowing comments. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... look at the settings again and see if you can figure out where the button is. Sometimes I hate FB but it is a useful way to spread the word.
susan

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this correct link?

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Okay.... that seems to work reasonably well on FB, but I can't share it as "mine" or I'll have to follow it and it's better if you do. If you right click, copy and save, and upload to FB (you probably know all that but in case you don't), then you can post it to your timeline as "public" and after you do that, share it to friends and family in your area by posting on their walls so they are sure to see it.

If you put a link to it up here I and others can share, but the link has to be to your photo on FB so it doesn't get fragmented. We could go back and add an email as I mentioned, if you want to do that. But usually it's just all done on the thread that goes with the photo.
susan

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Testing....

susan