Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pet Food Recall

rangerette
Explorer
Explorer
yahoo news link - pet food recall

There is incomplete information at this time, but thought it good to post this as soon as possible.
Jackie
245 REPLIES 245

Hit_The_Road_J1
Explorer
Explorer
rangerette wrote:
yahoo news link - pet food recall

There is incomplete information at this time, but thought it good to post this as soon as possible.

All pet lovers/owners should demand restitution!
We won't know if any kidney damage has been done???

DW & I have been feeding our 3 cats 'Science Diet' or 'Iams' since day 1, at the advice of a family friend/Vet, all this time feeling confident that our fur babies were in good healthy hands with these over-priced delicacies...now we find...not the case!

Do we limit our concern to a simple recall/refund?... or perhaps get to the bottom of this, thus preventing any further future major health issues.

Coincidence?...that the long list of offending pet foods have this problem...Are all of these offending pet food manufacturers labeling in their name, only 1 source of this contaminated product?...as with Walmarts 'Great Value'/'Peter Pan' Peanut Butter collaboration...

Inquiring minds would love to know???
2006 DIY Dodge Badged Sprinter Conversion

rangerette
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update CA POPPY. It should be noted that, according to the initial news link posted, P&G brands (Eukanuba & IAMS) are not the only pet foods included in the recall. The mfr, Menu Foods of Canada is a contract pet food mfr for numerous store brands as well, including WalMart & several grocery store brands. That's why I posted this even before there was alot of info available, because it seems to cross alot of brands.

A complete list is expected to be published Sat AM at the Menu Foods link included in the original news story.
Jackie

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
I'll bet a lot of people never look at the stickies, but here are the just released details on brands and lot numbers. I don't see that info posted in this forum as of yet.

CAT AND DOG FOOD RECALL
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

camperbuds3
Explorer
Explorer
News travels faster on the web. Saw it on the national news, NBC, tonight after reading about it here fist sometime before their nightly broadcast. Thanks for the heads-up.
2006 Sunline T-2075 TT
2009 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
dogdiva just posted a confirmation at MAJOR DOG AND CAT FOOD RECALL which is now a closed topic for reference only in favor of this one that was posted first.

I'll ask that it be made a temporary sticky.

RVSnowbird
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you! Our dog doesn't eat that type but I'm sure plenty of dogs do. How tragic! Makes me really worried about the quality of food [both pet and human] nowadays! ๐Ÿ˜ž
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8