cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teaching the cats to use the toilet in the rv

suse1023
Explorer
Explorer
i know my siamese are inclined to learn well so i picked up the 'litter quitter' kit at petco for them.
dammit the seat shape and size is too different from a household terlit, so now i guess i have to fabricate one for myself.

has anyone here found an rv toilet kit for teaching them or found another way to teach it?
i'm tempted to just add a bit of litter to the bottom of the toilet but asssume that will be lousy for my black tank.
or is there a paper litter which might work in this instance?
(and boy in this instance i sure wish my cameo had a second toilet which i could dedicate to them).

my dear departed siamese taught herself to use the toilet in the old house and it was great to throw away the litter box.
sure hope i can teach these three young'uns the same skill!
16 REPLIES 16

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crickeydog, I just snorted my coffee out of my nose laughing. Thanks for a great beginning to the day.:C
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

crickeydog
Explorer
Explorer
Please...no offense meant or intended. I love cats. I don't want one but I enjoy watching them. I hope you get the answers you're looking for and believe me, I'm glad for you that you got to throw your litter box away. I can alway's tell when I walk into a house that has a kitty litter box; I don't care how clean the box is.

But a cat using my toilet??? Sorry but for some reason????? That really creeps me out.:E Seeing a cat squatting on my toilet taking a squirt or poo would probably give me nightmares, cost me a large case of Pine Sol cleaner and a new replacement toilet.

Enjoy your travels with your kitty.

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!:)
USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER