cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Norcold fridge

JayNewbieRV
Explorer III
Explorer III

My freezer works great and everything stays frozen but my fridge barely has any “cold” output and it’s not keeping things cold; anybody have any troubleshooting ideas so I don’t have to pay 200 bucks an hour to have someone look at it???

Thank you😊🙏

4 REPLIES 4

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad

Mine did that once. I pulled the fridge out, turned it upside down and shook the sh!t out of it. I turned it end for end several times over the next couple hours to mix everything back up and reinstalled it. It worked great for years after that.

Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

Thanks for the info. I’ll give that a try and see what happens🙏

HBeil1
Explorer II
Explorer II

Not sure if this applies to yours but here's what my mfg says about AC/Propane refrigerator issues.

refrigerator operates on either 120-volt AC or propane gas and has a gravity￾based cooling system. This system requires that the recreational vehicle be level
for efficient operation. The cooling coils are sloped to allow continuous movement
of the liquid chemicals and if the unit is not level for extended periods, the flow of
these chemicals will slow and pool inside the tubing, resulting in a loss of cooling.
During towing, the leveling is not as crucial as the movement of the trailer will
prevent the liquid inside the tubing from pooling. If needing to park for several
hours, the trailer should be leveled if operating the refrigerator or the refrigerator
needs to be turned off.
Placing a small bubble level inside of the refrigerator will assist in determining if level.

Thanks for the info, I’m gonna park tonight and camp and I’ll see if that makes a difference; If not, Google says there’s three possibilities that I can troubleshoot and replace without going to a mechanic and I should be able to YouTube it and figure it out.

Trail and once again, thank you