cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 x 9 plywood

tim-n-tn
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to re-roof my 94 gulfstream conquest that is 8'5" wide w/ 1/4" luaun. I've tried lowes and home depot and they do not offer 4 x 9 or 4 x 10 sheets. any suggestions on where to find this? My other option would be 4 x 8 sheets with a brace between the rafters to splice an 8' sheet to the 5" piece so that it is fully supported underneath. any suggestions will be appreciated! Thx, tim-n-tn
19 REPLIES 19

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
You'll have to order it if you buy from Lowes. Try a place that caters to builders and contractors.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Also try a place that sells marine plywood to boat builders.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Try your local lumber yards, not home centers.

What your looking for is commonly called Door Skin and is used to skin hollow doors.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure you can order 4X10 sheets of Lauan plywood but it will be costly. Since your roof is going to have pieces butted together anyway, using 4X8 sheets with a 5" piece spliced in there will be fine and will be much cheaper. I would suggest using a narrow Crown Stapler to attach the Lauan to the rafters. If you don't have one, Harborfreight sells one for under $30 Crown Stapler I have a Porter Cable Crown Stapler that I always use when working with Lauan but for a one time project, the Harborfreight gun is good enough.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

moebedick
Explorer
Explorer
I read your post and,out of curiosity, went on google and typed “who sells 4x10 sheets of plywood near me”. I got quite a few suggestions.
Good luck.