cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adjust slide

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I think my slide is out of adjustment is it a DIY to raise a slide about 1/2" the slide is about 14'.It's a power gear slide
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD
14 REPLIES 14

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
deleted
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
chiefward wrote:
Before you go adjusting anything, I would make sure it's not made that way for water runoff.

That's the problem water is getting in because the wiper and maybe the seal aren't working properly the wiper doesn't even touch the slide
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

chiefward
Explorer
Explorer
Before you go adjusting anything, I would make sure it's not made that way for water runoff.
2011 Fun Finder by Cruiser RV, model X210WBS
2017 Ram, 1500, Tradesman,
10,000 Equal-I-zer hitch

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE I received information from Power Gear on how to do it and which bolts to adjust. Kudos to them for the info. I will give it a try in next few days, Thanks to everyone for the help.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
delete
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
On a long slide like that there should multiple adjusting bolts underneath. Like ktmrfs described they should be easily visible.

I've never done one, but if it were mine, I would open the slide a little and adjust the bolts up a little at a time to see if I could get the slide to rise. Mark the bolt where you started and move the bolt maybe one full turn and then run the slide in and out to see if anything changes.

If I didn't notice any change after a couple adjustments, I'd take it somewhere that knew how to do it. It doesn't look like rocket science but there may be some tricks of the trade that make it easier to do.

Good luck.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
Colo Native wrote:
TucsonJim wrote:
I've always adjusted mine, and it's not that difficult. This video will get you started. Then you can search for specific videos or instructions on your model.

Can I adjust my own slides?

This video is a waste I want to know haw to do it.

Sorry to waste your time. But I answered the question you asked. Do you know how to use an internet earch engine to find "how to" videos and instructions? If you give us the make and model of the slide, we can probably look it up for you.

I spent 2 hours trying to find something on the internet nothing about raising the slide
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Is it out of adjustment equally at both ends? Or top to bottom? Tilts too much? Exactly how and where does it need adjustment?

It is about 1/2 -3/4" low equally across the top
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Colo Native wrote:
TucsonJim wrote:
I've always adjusted mine, and it's not that difficult. This video will get you started. Then you can search for specific videos or instructions on your model.

Sorry to waste your time. But I answered the question you asked. Do you know how to use an internet earch engine to find "how to" videos and instructions? If you give us the make and model of the slide, we can probably look it up for you.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it out of adjustment equally at both ends? Or top to bottom? Tilts too much? Exactly how and where does it need adjustment?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
adjusting the "tilt" of the slide is pretty straightforward and easy to do.

Likewise with rasing/lowering the slide.

Next easiest is adjusting the slide so that it is flush to the outside and inside. (e.g. adjusting the In and Out stops on each side)

IMHO hardest is moving the slide horizontally along the trailer side. easy to loosen the bolts, but pretty much impossible for one person w/o dolly or something to push the slide sideways.

On many lipperts, if you look under the slide the two arms the slide rides on have a plate attached to the slide. loosen the bolts on the plate. then there should be a bolt underneath with a jam nut. with the plate loosened and the slide partially out you can tighten or loosen the bolts to raise/lower each side of the slide.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
This may not be exactly what you have, you may need to search further, but here is a manual for a sofa slide from Lippert. Look at the last couple of pages.

Lippert Slide Manual
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:

2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer

2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)