Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air conditioner dripping

Rmack137
Explorer
Explorer
What does it mean when this starts?

I've been cleaning my sponge filters regularly, which is all the manual says I should do.
9 REPLIES 9

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
More than likely the big gasket on top. As someone else said see if it screws holding it down are a bit loose. If it still drips later or in a storm need a new gasket.I think we have replaced our twice in 12 years.
Last time going down the road a storm so hard you could not see the wiper blades.
Water came in pretty bad.
We had just snugged the screws not long before. Those gaskets do compress. Probably, half, here, have had replaced at least one. Pans on both ours are metal.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dripping inside can be caused by 4 (or 5) things

1 Nose down leveling. Try raising the front of the RV like 1"

2: Clogged filters. The blower generates a vacuum in front of the drip tray and sucks the water out. in front of the drip tray and well.. When this happens if you turn the fan off... NIAGRA FALLS.

3: Icing. this can cause dripping beyond the tray but it will also greatly reduce air flow (this is actually the "or 5")

4 Cracked drip tray

5: as others have said. Clogged exit path.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
First try to tighten the bolts a little bit from the inside. Not too tight, but they do loosen from vibration and when not compressed will allow water to drip in. If that doesn't work - then new seal time.

Rmack137
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it was dripping inside. I have no way to get on my roof, but I'll rent a ladder or something and check those drain holes.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if its dripping outside? thats suppose too. if inside ?your seal is leaking .

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
You say drippingโ€ฆ Is it dripping inside or outside?
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Air conditioning reduces humidity as part of โ€œcooling.โ€ Check the ac drains as Scott suggested.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Clean the drain holes in the pan under the evaporator coils - if that doesn't work then try slightly tightening the 4 bolts that secure the air conditioner to the rig (that compresses the gasket which prevents water from entering).
Kevin

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The base of the AC unit is a metal pan where the water collects and drains away. If you go up on the roof and remove the cover, you will see places for water to drain. It's possible those drains are plugged.