cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

aluminum frames

wayne123456
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Sierra fifth wheel 345RLG and would like to know if the rear of the trailer has or is supposed to have aluminum framing on the back of the trailer the same as the sides. You can see where the frames are on the side on a cold morning, I've never looked on the back. Is the main back window framed in with aluminum?
Thank you,
Wayne
2 REPLIES 2

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know about your model but my son has a 2003 Dutchmen bunk FW and the whole back wall is about 2 inch thick foam with an aluminum frame around it. I believe there is plywood and filon on the outside and about 1/16 inch plywood bonded on the inside. We noticed the moisture lines on the sides during the morning and it appears that some of the windows have no aluminum frames around them. That's how they stretch it to 35 feet and still weigh in at 9000 lb I guess. I told him drive slow, slow down for rough spots when ever possible and be gentle.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
You would have to ask Sierra. Our Komfort has "alumacage" all round up and down, Some "fake" Komforts that came out later like Trailblazer had the aluminum all round but had wooden roof struts instead of aluminum like a "real" Komfort. So it could be complicated and you would need a company rep to confirm I think.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.